ADVERTISEMENT

James Madison - group of 5 competition?

Rebel1986

Rebel Legend
Feb 25, 2011
Las Vegas
I noticed that 3-0 James Madison is up 53-21 over 3-0 North Carolina at the half - That is a lot of offense.

In my six degrees of separation post, James Madison is up 53-21 over North Carolina at the half; North Carolina beat 2-1 Minnesota 19-17; Minnesota beat unr 27-0.

So how many points would James Madison be up at the half over unr?

Reactions: LVRebel2000
No because they all play terrible schedules. That's where it hurts them. The CFP rankings are going to kill teams NIU, Liberty, Memphis, James Madison etc due to scheduling and weak conferences.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
I noticed that 3-0 James Madison is up 53-21 over 3-0 North Carolina at the half - That is a lot of offense.

In my six degrees of separation post, James Madison is up 53-21 over North Carolina at the half; North Carolina beat 2-1 Minnesota 19-17; Minnesota beat unr 27-0.

Tough to say. They beat Gardner Webb by a whopping score of 13-6, so who knows.

No because they all play terrible schedules. That's where it hurts them. The CFP rankings are going to kill teams NIU, Liberty, Memphis, James Madison etc due to scheduling and weak conferences.

Dude that's what I've been saying about it not being great if UNLV gets boxed out of the PAC12. We end up in a weaker conference (MWC 2.0, CUSA) UNLV would have to really schedule up in OOC to compensate.

I think a 1 loss UNLV or Boise or Fresno would get the nod over them.

Toledo and NIU will be two other G5 teams to keep an eye on. They play this year so will basically eliminate one of them. Both have big P4 road wins. NIU over Notre Dame. Toledo absolutely curb stomped Miss State on the road.

Toledo and NIU will be two other G5 teams to keep an eye on. They play this year so will basically eliminate one of them. Both have big P4 road wins. NIU over Notre Dame. Toledo absolutely curb stomped Miss State on the road.
That NIU win over Notre Dame may not be aging all that well. Miami (Ohio) is currently up in the middle of the second quarter 3-0 with the ball at the 50. Miami (Ohio) 131 yards offense to Notre Dame 38 yards of offense. Miami (Ohio) is an 0-2 team. Not saying Miami (Ohio) has a legit chance to win, only that Notre Dame has a really bad offense.

That NIU win over Notre Dame may not be aging all that well. Miami (Ohio) is currently up in the middle of the second quarter 3-0 with the ball at the 50. Miami (Ohio) 131 yards offense to Notre Dame 38 yards of offense. Miami (Ohio) is an 0-2 team

100%

But our UH win took a big hit today with them getting rolled.

If KU holds on to beat WVU that helps.

Another undefeated G5 is Army...Weak schedule but still undefeated.

That NIU win over Notre Dame may not be aging all that well. Miami (Ohio) is currently up in the middle of the second quarter 3-0 with the ball at the 50. Miami (Ohio) 131 yards offense to Notre Dame 38 yards of offense. Miami (Ohio) is an 0-2 team. Not saying Miami (Ohio) has a legit chance to win, only that Notre Dame has a really bad offense.
Miami (OH) had a lot of hype coming into this season. Was a G5 playoff dark horse. They are probably better than their record shows.

Doesn’t mean Notre Dame is any good. They’re not.

Illinois beating Nebraska is big. Helps us 2 ways since Nebraksa likely falls out if top 25.
Kansas losing does suck.
No. Ill has a small lead on Bufflao currently

Illinois beating Nebraska is big. Helps us 2 ways since Nebraksa likely falls out if top 25.
Kansas losing does suck.
No. Ill has a small lead on Bufflao currently

Horrible loss for Kansas and could be breaking point for them.

Season could go really south for them now.

Unreal because that is a solid defense..And it's faltered late costing them games.
Watching the game, I think it was more stupid calls by the coach that lost the game. They had a solid lead and should have won easily, but several bad coach decisions screwed them including the time out by Kansas near the end of the game. If they didn't call the time out, then West Virginia would have ended up with the field go attempt instead of time to set up plays for a TD!

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
Yes, KU twitter is very dark right now...kind of like here after a basketball loss...
Memphis just got stopped on 4th and goal, down 12 midway through 4th...good for us

NIU just dropped home game vs Buffalo and Memphis just lost to Navy... man, we're sitting here holding our destiny in our hands
AP Poll wise: Nebraska (22), NIU (23), Memphis (26), and Syracuse (27) all lost. Boise was just ahead of us at 28 and they should kill Portland State.

There’s a chance we move into the top 25 in the AP poll this week. If not, will be just on the edge.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT