ADVERTISEMENT

Jamaal Evans

Snooze. As far as I know that was from Friday and when I looked he was a 2* recruit that was more of a depth filler player than anything else. We have two Qb's that are much better on paper, and it would be likely he would have been a back up QB at UNLV.

I only worry if we lose some of the better players to the Community College of Northern Nevada.

P.S. UNLV has made offers to somewhere North of 100 players, and only has around 20-25 available positions. No more settling, get the best players we can.

He is a solid player and it will be interesting to see the #'s he and Grayson put up this season so we can get a comparison on the players at the same current position. Hate losing locals to UNR but its going to happen from time to time.

On to the next one.

From what I remember reading is that he is more of a option qb which is what reno will be running. Don't think he would have been a fit at UNLV anyways

Yes in his interview , he stated UNR is transitioning their offense to a more Read-Option scheme which is what Evans currently runs in high school.

He's not an option quarterback, more of a passer that can run. He is a talented player that can step in to compete and develop, would have been a great Rebel

Evans did say in an interview with the Sun he liked that Reno was shifting to a more option based offense.

I really don't see Reno going the route of New Mexico. They already run a zone/read read/option offense so not sure how much different this new 'option offense' they are implementing will look or be.

One last note, of the two Evans may be the better passer. Grayson also said in an article he was open to playing other positions. Sanchez told him he would be given every chance to compete at QB. I like that he understands he will have to win a job. I also like that he seems willing to move to another position to get on the field and contribute.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT