ADVERTISEMENT

Jalen Hill has been contacted

lobbybuu

Retired Number
Dec 29, 2022
Can finally comment on this because its public. Hill has been in the portal since 3/29 and was contacted right before the dead period. He will be on campus either this or next weekend. I'm not sure why it takes several days for names to appear publicly but all coaches are able to access the portal and see the names 24 hours after the paperwork is submitted and approved.

Last edited:
Hows his relationship to Dedan? It'd be nice to see a few of these local kids come home via transfers and bring Dedan with them

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Hows his relationship to Dedan? It'd be nice to see a few of these local kids come home via transfers and bring Dedan with them
He’s 4-5 years older than him and they didn’t go to the same school. So I’m sure they know eachother a little bit but probably aren’t close.

He’s 4-5 years older than him and they didn’t go to the same school. So I’m sure they know eachother a little bit but probably aren’t close.
Yeah, I figured they're not besties given age gap, but that maybe especially with higher tier local guys, they probably might at least talk at some level with each other...

Right now we have 5 open spots. We need a capable pg. We also need a good center that can score but mostly can rebound and protect the rim. Then I think we need a guy who can play either the 5 and the 4. Then the last two schollies go to the two best available players.
Now just make them all 5 star players that will play together as a team and don't care about personal stats and just want to play whatever is best for the team. Is that asking too much? 😁

It's crazy but LSU just won the women's championship with 9 new players! Everything can be turned around in one year of transfers.
Everything can be turned around in one year of transfers.........with the right coach. Kim Mulkey has won national championships as a player, assistant coach, and coach. As a coach this was her 4th national championship. Good players will flock to her. KK is no Kim Mulkey in any sense what so ever. KK will not get 9 players and win a national championship. Just saying.

Everything can be turned around in one year of transfers.........with the right coach. Kim Mulkey has won national championships as a player, assistant coach, and coach. As a coach this was her 4th national championship. Good players will flock to her. KK is no Kim Mulkey in any sense what so ever. KK will not get 9 players and win a national championship. Just saying.
And Three McDonalds All-Americans joining as freshmen next year. And the LSU men's program lost about 11 or 12 conference games in a row in one stretch. Crazy the disparity between the two.

Yeah, I figured they're not besties given age gap, but that maybe especially with higher tier local guys, they probably might at least talk at some level with each other...
I can confirm that they have spoken about the possibility of teaming up and they have also spoken to Darrion Williams as well.

I'm not saying it'll happen but conversations have been taking place.

I agree! If that were to happen, the roster would be very intriguing.

Thomas, Hicks, JJJ
Hill, Nowell
Williams, LuRod
Cottrell, Whaley
C

We would still need to get a big man or two out the portal but this would be a great start.
I’m sure with a roster like that a solid big man would be interested.

I don't know IC's intent on replying to that tweet so this is just MY OPINION.

IC isn't in a power position to be able to tell a coaching staff to not accept a player (should that be the "tone" and intention of his tweet, which I admit that I'm reading into using my own bias). He hasn't been healthy for 2 seasons so he's not reliable. If I were his coach, I'd recruit a healthy mirror image of him since I'd want that type of player on the court for me.

I don't know IC's intent on replying to that tweet so this is just MY OPINION.

IC isn't in a power position to be able to tell a coaching staff to not accept a player (should that be the "tone" and intention of his tweet, which I admit that I'm reading into using my own bias). He hasn't been healthy for 2 seasons so he's not reliable. If I were his coach, I'd recruit a healthy mirror image of him since I'd want that type of player on the court for me.
Not the intention of his tweet at all; rather it's the opposite

With all of this being said, why would Williams come to UNLV? He wasn't really recruited at all by UNLV as a high schooler.

He also has high major offers. I can confirm he has 6 high major offers and much more interest. The narrative doesn't make as much sense as Jalen Hill's, which is to come home during your last year and help the city you're from. He also was close to committing the first time around and the thought of transferring home has been floated around for years now. The narrative for Dedan would be to become the hometown hero.

I will add on Cotrell. He had legit interest in UNLV out of high school but did not receive a call from TJ.

Lol as soon as I posted my last comment, I got word that Williams isn't coming here. Should be publicly announcing his commitment very shortly

Reactions: TimothyC3
Lol as soon as I posted my last comment, I got word that Williams isn't coming here. Should be publicly announcing his commitment very shortly
Williams would have surprised me. Not because of NLI, but UNLV was completely unaware of his existence when he was at Gorman even though he would have walked a minefield to play here at that time.

For some reason, UNLV has forgotten the valley unless they are on the bench in the valley (see that Martinez joker).
I mean, if you're not really recruiting the HS level can you really forget the valley?
Note- the fact that someone like Wink isn't on staff to focus on the valley is a huge miss from a staff perspective. He wants to be on the staff from the Twitter interactions I've seen and it seems has a connection to the valley's HS programs.

I think Wink will eventually land on the UNLV staff. Maybe sooner rather than later, based on how often we lose assistant coaches to P5 programs.

Always thought I'd see Colin Darfour(?) on the UNLV sidelines. Though it was nice seeing him and LK honored this semester during conference play, CSU game I think.

Reactions: RebelScrub
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT