ADVERTISEMENT

It's Year 5....

RebelmominLV

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Oct 25, 2008
It's time to become the Runnin' Rebels.

Yes I want to win. But I will not be satisfied at all with just winning more. How we win matters to me.

Pinkies-out,fundamental passing/ lumbering centers/ ball control offense/ low risk,position defense/ low turnover-low risk offense/ clock killing/ and over coaching can all lead to wins, and I don't want to see any of them here ever again. I can respect it ( I guess) but I won't watch it, and am won't support it. Seriously, college basketball is starting to look like it needs to be filmed in black and white and run in between footage of the 60's Lakers/Celtics on ESPN Classic.

I want frantic defense, gambles and swagger on offense. I do not believe that a jump shot equals a dunk just because they are both two points. I want to be entertained. I want the game to change back into the product I grew up loving. And I (gasp) think style is = to substance.

It feels to me like Coach Rice is putting his chips all in with this class. If he is, then let's not continue to give up on the vision of what Rebel Basketball should look and feel like as soon as we hit a rough patch. If he is going all in this year, I hope he does so with HIS vision of what he wants the product to be.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News