ADVERTISEMENT

It's peculiar how

j. spilotro

Publisher
Staff
May 29, 2001
Las Vegas
unlv.rivals.com
as I've gotten older, and maybe not coincidentally, as UNLV has stagnated as a once in awhile NCAAT team, I've really enjoyed the offseason.

Maybe it's getting older, maybe it's a shift in priorities, maybe the whole Rebel thing is wearing thin ... probably a combination... but I used to be so sad for the season to end because it meant waiting 6 months for hoops to start back up ... and let's face it, for basketball heavy people like myself, football rarely quenched the thirst and filled that void.... but right now, I feel so much more relaxed ... it's what I envision full retirement to be like ... stress levels reduced drastically... just a sigh of relief. It's nice, but it also sucks. I don't want to be stressed 24/7/365, but I'd like to yearn for the season to begin again...

I'm an odd guy in that way. My day to day goal is to keep stress as low as possible (very tough in today's world), I'm big on efficiency so I can create "free time" which I have little of right now. I don't like indecision, I can't stand starting and not finishing, I don't like lingering issues.... In trying to keep stress levels as low as possible, even though I try my hardest, I fail miserably during the season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News