ADVERTISEMENT

Schedule release:

BornRebelRed

Retired Number
Oct 15, 2007
It seems that lately, UNLV releases their basketball schedule as late as they possibly can. I’ve heard the schedule of teams is basically complete although we are working on one more marquee game.
So, either the home schedule ( T&M) is just so weak that they don’t want people to know and hopefully sell some more season tickets, or they are still trying to schedule some meaningful home & home games. It’s hard not to improve onl last years non conference home schedule. Some leaks of scheduled home games is always fun. I miss those days…..

Reactions: LVRebel2000
It seems that lately, UNLV releases their basketball schedule as late as they possibly can. I’ve heard the schedule of teams is basically complete although we are working on one more marquee game.
So, either the home schedule ( T&M) is just so weak that they don’t want people to know and hopefully sell some more season tickets, or they are still trying to schedule some meaningful home & home games. It’s hard not to improve onl last years non conference home schedule. Some leaks of scheduled home games is always fun. I miss those days…..
We have a home game against Memphis.

Memphis is a great start. Hopefully we have a few more big games at the Mack.
I say fk it, go for broke. Maybe not an all or nothing, but hell with it. We end up with a mediocre record against mediocre to good schedules, we end up with a mediocre to good record with a weak schedule, which absolutely does zero good (see Menzies year 2, 20 plus wins and nowhere in the vicinity of even a CBI). The only thing that does is fooling the foolish fans with smoke and mirrors.

Bring them in. Play them on the road. We’re losing 5-7 at home every year anyway, I’d rather have a hard fought, energetic loss against Gonzaga than a barely attended loss to UAB or Southern. Make that an identity, anyone, anywhere, anytime …. We might not win but you’re going to see a battle … make the identity about being a tough, unafraid program.

But it starts with tough minded players. Otherwise they’ll grab their teddy and squeeze it tight in bed after the game and get mentally crippled to the point where they are afraid to step on the court again.

I’d welcome that identity - ultra tough.

It’s always been more beneficial to play numerous quality opponents in the non conference schedule for many many reasons. Something UNLV has avoided for some reason. Hopefully, that trend does not continue.

Funny how they say they have all the teams lined up but won’t tell you the teams until they have dates and times. I don’t care about the dates; just tell us who is on our schedule. Why the big secret. So ridiculous as always.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
Funny how they say they have all the teams lined up but won’t tell you the teams until they have dates and times. I don’t care about the dates; just tell us who is on our schedule. Why the big secret. So ridiculous as always.
What’s the rush? You’re gonna buy tickets anyways..

they can think they have the teams set but until the contracts are signed things can change

they can think they have the teams set but until the contracts are signed things can change
Even after the contracts are signed they can be changed. I think we tried (unsuccessfully) to buy out the AZ at UNLV in the Mack game several years back. Ironically, even though we lost in OT, it was one of the best games of the season for UNLV.

Even after the contracts are signed they can be changed. I think we tried (unsuccessfully) to buy out the AZ at UNLV in the Mack game several years back. Ironically, even though we lost in OT, it was one of the best games of the season for UNLV.
They need to upgrade the basketball schedule to a similar level as football recently. Next season playing Syracuse, Kansas, and Houston out of conference is an overall boost with games UNLV can be competive in, with a good chance to win 2 or even all 3. Kansas would be a really great win, and a home and home with Kansas in basketball would be next level for UNLV!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT