ADVERTISEMENT

It can be done.

WarthogRebel

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
In 2015 Central Florida was ranked around 120th in defense. The next year they brought it up to around 30th. They did it by bringing in a linebacker coach from Oregon to head up the new defense. It's all about the right hire. It would be nice, but we don't have to be the 30th best defense. This is the Mountain West for crying out loud. If we we're the 60th best defense we could probably be third in our league and go to a bowl. I would consider that an over the top fantastic result.

Let's get a motivated, defensive mind in here who can get the job done. If Sanchez was worth a damn he would already have an eyeball on somebody to come in and do it. He's got the offense close to where he needs it. Unfortunately, part of being a head coach is being able to identify coaches who can help you in areas where you aren't an expert. In my opinion, this is where Sanchez shows his lack of college head coaching experience. I don't think he has the connections he needs to find some hungry, top-flight mid-tier defensive coach who could come here and turn things around. Let's hope I'm wrong on this.

Reactions: Rashanir
Hit the nail on the head Wart.
Totally my thoughts also; well
put........We need D

In 2015 Central Florida was ranked around 120th in defense. The next year they brought it up to around 30th. They did it by bringing in a linebacker coach from Oregon to head up the new defense. It's all about the right hire. It would be nice, but we don't have to be the 30th best defense. This is the Mountain West for crying out loud. If we we're the 60th best defense we could probably be third in our league and go to a bowl. I would consider that an over the top fantastic result.

Let's get a motivated, defensive mind in here who can get the job done. If Sanchez was worth a damn he would already have an eyeball on somebody to come in and do it. He's got the offense close to where he needs it. Unfortunately, part of being a head coach is being able to identify coaches who can help you in areas where you aren't an expert. In my opinion, this is where Sanchez shows his lack of college head coaching experience. I don't think he has the connections he needs to find some hungry, top-flight mid-tier defensive coach who could come here and turn things around. Let's hope I'm wrong on this.
I wish it were that easy, maybe it is.

But if you go back the last 30 years, I’d guess UNLV’s overall record in those 30 years would be much better had UNLV gone with choice B, C or D, whoever they might have been. Just because... because, over the past 30 years, you couldn’t have done much worse if you tried.

Reactions: Doneoett
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT