ADVERTISEMENT

"You better get me right now. This is the worst we're gonna be."

I wasn't a fan of his as a player, but I want to believe in the man he portrays himself to be as a coach.

The world needs heroes, too. I'm tired of people finding fault in others. Let's look for the good!
When the first thing you do at a new job is tell 80 of your "employees" they aren't good enough to be there, you set yourself up to be a villain.

I want expect CU to lose all but one or two more games this season and I'll be happy to not have to hear from them again on a national level.

When the first thing you do at a new job is tell 80 of your "employees" they aren't good enough to be there, you set yourself up to be a villain.

I want expect CU to lose all but one or two more games this season and I'll be happy to not have to hear from them again on a national level.
When the players that were here were 1-11 prior what does that have to do with the new head coach? I will answer, nothing! If he chose to get rid of those with the mentality of being okay with losing then so be it! I question those that say things like they hate a person they have never met or talked to, because their hate is based on something else not the person! Yes, CU got beat yesterday, but as he said yesterday go ahead and get your laughs now because things will change and games like yesterday will be fewer and fewer as the program goes forward. Remember they doubted him at Jackson State until he started landing players like Hunter in that program, he will do the same at CU and unfortunately for some of you, you will continue to not only hear about Prime but you will see the results on the field, which some of you will really hate seeing!

When the players that were here were 1-11 prior what does that have to do with the new head coach? I will answer, nothing! If he chose to get rid of those with the mentality of being okay with losing then so be it! I question those that say things like they hate a person they have never met or talked to, because their hate is based on something else not the person! Yes, CU got beat yesterday, but as he said yesterday go ahead and get your laughs now because things will change and games like yesterday will be fewer and fewer as the program goes forward. Remember they doubted him at Jackson State until he started landing players like Hunter in that program, he will do the same at CU and unfortunately for some of you, you will continue to not only hear about Prime but you will see the results on the field, which some of you will really hate seeing!
Coach Sanders is a good man and a good person. I think he has changed a lot since he went into coaching. He is now a professed Christian. Some of the young men that have joined his team come from tough backgrounds and that sometimes shows up in the bravado talk etc. I expect them to lose more games but they will be a tough out in the mountains. Just as Coach Odom and others around the country take on teams with a history of losing, we see the Kansas types rise up. College football and basketball are fun to watch and see the players grow in their skills. High expectations are good for everyone.

When a 2022 1-11 team beats an average-slightly above average TCU team, a bad Nebraska team, and an awful CSU team and finds themselves in the top 20, we know the polls are a joke. My disdain for that program in 2023 is that they were treated like a Top 25 team and didn't earn it at all.

Compound that with a coach who came in and lambasted players who worked their tails off and were poorly coached and just weren't as good as other players out there? Prime put a villain label on himself.

If he had come in and eased a transition, PRIVATELY told players he thought they should leave or he would no longer honor their scholarship, that's a different and less pompous way to handle it.

Colorado will be fine in the years ahead. I'm not disputing that. But telling 80 guys they suck in front of cameras is being an actively bad guy. Jackson State landing 5* kids obviously makes them better than other SWAC teams. I'm not here to dispute his recruiting. It's 2023, overhaul is an option and it's his right to do so.

Arizona, ASU, and Stanford are the wins they get the rest of the way. 2024 will be a different story, but pretending this team is top 25 is hilarious.

Curious: What were your thoughts when LeBron made it about himself in The Decision?

And then consider if LeBron had to publicly insult nearly 100 18-23 year olds in an effort to fulfill his own ego even further.

College football and basketball are fun to watch and see the players grow in their skills. High expectations are good for everyone.
Agreed with this for sure. CU should not have been happy to be 1-11 or winless 10 years ago (whenever it was that Nick Sherry committed to them then swapped to UNLV). They should aspire to be better every year than they were previous year. Every school should. No doubt.

He has a right to dump them all. Players bolt, coaches boot. It has become about the name on the back of the jersey, not the front, it has become about coaches with a short leash with players.

The good part is he will get to his team, his vision sooner than later … even if he has to be a bull in a China shop to get there. He’s immediately elevated the program by way of recruiting and his personality.

His style is going to be polarizing, even within their fanbase. Win and it won’t matter. Lose or have scandal, that style can be gasoline on a fire.

This is his first year, flipped the roster. It’ll take a couple years if it’s going to happen. It wasn’t going to happen overnight.

You aren’t going to always win with talent. And soundbytes that pump up the fanbase - some will get caught up with it … but it doesn’t amount to anything either.

I think very little is actually written about his time at CU so far.

Thank you for demonstrating why you can’t find role models in 2023, @LocoRebel. He’s turning that program around and you’re finding one negative about his transition.

I don’t know his personal past but his present outward appearance is a good role model for all youths.
🤣🤣🤣 love it. One man's bad example is why we can't find role models. I used the initial impression he made, making himself more important than his team, as a negative because that's how I perceive his actions. Plenty of other good role models out there.

It was the first impression he had with his team. That's why it's important. He didn't have relationships with those young men he dumped on.

I guess the biggest gap between us is this: after the media storm of him becoming Pac 12 Coach Prime, I was already over it before we even got to the summer. It would have been extremely difficult to convince me of anything else he has done. And to that end, maybe I've missed the good things he's done.

Problem is, in what little CU coverage I have seen, he's always acting like he's the man and everything good is happening because he's there.

I find him disingenuous and self-serving. Again - I'm not watching the Colorado program and the stuff he's doing on a day to day basis. I'm just tired of the over exposure. (And I want to be crystal clear about this: CU is already better in 2023 than I expected them to be. 2024 I have no doubt they'll be good. Media has soured me on them because they treat Prime CU like they are Alabama 2012. It's exceptionally frustrating to me. That's my problem with this team: the way it has been covered. Circus.)

Reactions: RebelinWA
I just got home from Eugene, the difference in talent from Oregon to CU is huge. I thought Oregon probably was going to boat race them but I didn’t expect CU’s offense to do absolutely nothing. They had less than 200 yards and a lot of that came in garbage time against the 2s and 3s. CU’s o line is going to get their QB killed in the PAC. UO had 7 sacks.

Thank you for demonstrating why you can’t find role models in 2023, @LocoRebel. He’s turning that program around and you’re finding one negative about his transition.

I don’t know his personal past but his present outward appearance is a good role model for all youths.
That is just it, he has never been a problem off the field in his entire career! No domestic stuff, recreational drugs, alcohol, sex scandals or locker room cancer but yet he is perceived as a liar or disingenuous?! There is something disingenuous about someone who says they hate or don’t like someone they have never met because what are you basing your hatred or dislike on? I find it is more revealing about the person saying they hate or dislike someone they don’t know, they usually have other reasons that have nothing to do with actually knowing the person. Coach Prime said it yesterday, we got beat bad but enjoy it now because games like yesterday will decrease drastically or be gone completely very shortly. I’d even go out on a limb and say that both offensive and defensive lines will be dramatically improved next year. Remember he will get them in, this year’s recruiting showed that.

So those that hate him just because, root for scandals from within his program or knit pick how he uses the transfer portal will continue but Coach Prime will continue and CU will be the ultimate winner again. I bet the next game against Oregon will be dramatically different and the smart remarks about clicks will be replaced with nice game coach!

Reactions: bcvegaspt
I just got home from Eugene, the difference in talent from Oregon to CU is huge. I thought Oregon probably was going to boat race them but I didn’t expect CU’s offense to do absolutely nothing. They had less than 200 yards and a lot of that came in garbage time against the 2s and 3s. CU’s o line is going to get their QB killed in the PAC. UO had 7 sacks.
This will be rectified shortly through the portal. This also demonstrates how bad they were last year at 1-11 talent wise but yeah by all means let’s keep those kids that were in the program already. He had to start over, CU was worse than UNLV last year and we all know how bad you have to be as a program to be worse than a 5-7 Rebels team that was awful last year!

This will be rectified shortly through the portal. This also demonstrates how bad they were last year at 1-11 talent wise but yeah by all means let’s keep those kids that were in the program already. He had to start over, CU was worse than UNLV last year and we all know how bad you have to be as a program to be worse than a 5-7 Rebels team that was awful last year!

I was at the game last year in Boulder too. If you look at the box score of that game you’d think CU was better last year. Obviously you can’t compare a team off a box score but at least yesterday CU was awful.

I think Sanders is doing a good job and Ive always liked CU but I doubt he sticks around long enough to make a huge impact. He’s going to get calls, Michigan St probably has already called. I don’t think he leaves after this year but I’ll be surprised if he is there in year 4.

CU was worse than UNLV last year and we all know how bad you have to be as a program to be worse than a 5-7 Rebels team that was awful last year!
I think 2023 this Rebel team hangs with this 2023 CU team. CU will be better than UNLV and maintain its growth better moving forward.

5280 - did I ever say I hated the man? Seems you have made that reference multiple times (without directly naming me). Really not sure why. I was barely riding a bike when his playing career was over. There is neither idol worshipping nor hatred. I think he mishandled his first interaction with CU and the media SEVERELY over reacted to his team. It's the same reason I like when Alabama sucks. Or when Georgia loses (I forgot what that's like). Or why I love when Notre Dame sucked a few years back. As for CU and Deion, i have acknowledged that he's improving the program and they are obviously better off than they were prior to his arrival.

I'd love to see a future where Colorado and Oregon continue to play each other to mark that growth and each teams trajectory. No idea if they will continue to play each other when they are not conference foes. I assume those schools will all have some crossover to backfill the games they lost against future conference foes.

Reactions: RebelinWA
I didn't love a lot of Coach Prime's preambles, I felt he was always one of the most 'Me first' players that ever put on pads, and a lot of that shown through in the first couple of weeks. But I didn't have a problem with him wanting to remake the roster--when a new coaching regime comes in some people are going to want to leave and some are going to be shown the door. That's just the reality of college athletics for decades, much less in this era of penalty free transfers, coaches and teams moving around like they're getting paid by the mile, and NIL money being booster money over the table.

However, in his interviews since, he's won me over. He paints a target on himself, and he's got an ego, but he uses that to shield his student athletes. When you hear them speak, they're respectful, motivated, and seem like their heads are in the right place. Prime always played with swagger, but there's no question he understands what it takes to win at every level of football and he's unafraid to ruffle feathers or take heat.

Then you get that CSU game where the CSU coach who basically ****ed the UNR program over for a little more money took a few shots at him, and then his kids took a few free shots at the top end players--beyond playing with a chip--playing to injure at times. Prime didn't take any shots after, in fact he wanted people to lay off the kids who clearly were playing outside the game.

I don't know that Deion will ever have the program stability to be a consistent national champion contender, but I now firmly believe that he's going to be close more often than the traditionalists think, and it will be with swagger and flair.

Reactions: lobbybuu

I wasn't a fan of his as a player, but I want to believe in the man he portrays himself to be as a coach.

The world needs heroes, too. I'm tired of people finding fault in others. Let's look for the good!
Coaches in college ball are some of the best in the business. The good ones never say that they are good or great. Lineages and intelligence take years to foster and nurtured. What I saw yesterday vs Oregon is not the reactions or planning requires to beat a decent team Oregon out talented and out prepared CU. You staff better put some work in because your CU team looked nothing like a ranked team.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
'They don't pay anybody to be humble' ... "Hey, all my life I be the man," he says. "I mean, I've been in the spotlight at every level. It's just a bigger spotlight. I learned the system in college. How do you think defensive backs get attention? How do you think Jim McMahon made so many millions? They don't pay nobody to be humble. Some people will come out to see me do well. Some people will come out to see me get run over. But love me or hate me, they're going to come out. I'm a businessman now, and the product is me. Prime Time. I'm the first defensive back to make a million dollars a year. Set a record for a bonus. Cash up front."

This was a quote from Sports Illustrated in '1989', one of three times he appeared on the cover issue... He understood then what so many of us are struggling understanding now: You have to be your own champion and your biggest advocate. Closed mouths don't get fed... Still, I challenge you to find any NFL player or MLB that has something disparaging to say about him as a teammate.

On a side note I am biased. I had the Deion's (shoes) growing up. (We went to the Super Bowl that year in my Police Athletic League... I think I am the reason why lol💯🍻☺️). Anyway here's a video of Two GOATS paying each other respect:

Last edited:
I find it hard to not like someone who believes in himself enough to tell all who will listen and then go back it up in whatever he does, playing out coaching, how can that not be appreciated? Prime may leave down the road but he is at CU now and there is something good going on there for all to see!

Reactions: LocoRebel

It was called honesty and why waste people’s time by BS’ing? It was actually the most professional thing he could do. Somehow honesty is “mean”?

I’m sure his staff assisted those players to find a better fit.

It was called honesty and why waste people’s time by BS’ing? It was actually the most professional thing he could do. Somehow honesty is “mean”?

I’m sure his staff assisted those players to find a better fit.
I think bringing his own camera crew (not the CU fb video staff that was undoubtedly also there) is what rubbed me the wrong way.

Just do it privately and move on. Ain't gotta make a huge production of telling 20 year olds they aren't good.

This thread is very interesting and I like hearing all sides. I like what Deion is doing and hes really treating this team as his family. I know several of the players on Colorado personally and I've heard nothing but great things. He talks to every player every day. Not just hi and bye, but a real conversation. This is what I've been told.

It does seem like a lot of people on social media are praying for his downfall and took the loss yesterday as an opportunity to slander him as a person instead of talking about the game. I suppose that its reasonable to say that media has gone overboard with this team, but I personally dont think so. No one is forcing anyone to watch Colorado, but millions are tuning in. Theres plenty of other games on at the same time, but people are choosing to watch Colorado for whatever reason. Now why are people tuning in? There are obviously a lot of reasons, good and bad. They will tune in again for Colorado and USC and Big Noon will be there too.

Anyone shitting on Colorado for their loss yesterday must not know about college football; any reasonable person knew that they would lose to Oregon and that they would not be a factor in the Pac 12 race. You need linemen and plenty of them to compete at a high level nationally and that team doesnt have that type of personnel.

Overall, he is a good guy and is flashy and that may not sit well with a lot of people. They put everything on camera and document everything and that type of spotlight is a positive imo. We have always wanted inside access to this type of stuff. Some people hate it and thats fine. But he is making a difference in a lot of peoples lives and he relates to a lot of players and recruits and plays a role that some of the college kids need.

I think it is the fact that the media has performing daily felacio on him being the thing that rubbed people the wrong way. That and like loco said, publically trashing players is just a bad look.

TCU looked like a big win at the time. Also Nebraska was thought to be decent under Matt Rhule this year. So I get it, also going from such a poor team last year made it noteworthy.

But the ranking was premature. College Gameday was premature. They became the Dallas Cowboys of college football, when they really didn't earn it yet.

Deion was a me first player that loved and still loves the spotlight. That also just rubs people the wrong way.
He was also a DB that didn't like to hit, that rubbed me the wrong way, lol.

I've never been a fan of the self-promoters, of which Deion has always been one of the biggest. Don't hate on them, but they send me in a different direction. I agree with Loco when it comes to distaste for how Deion cleaned house. These were 20 year-olds who had to go out and find new homes, and answer the question about being from the CU "trash" pile. I'm sure many ended up in FCS, which is fine if that's a better fit. That said, if Deion can get his kinda kids into that program and make a positive difference in their lives, and improve the program along the way, more power to him.

I've never been a fan of the self-promoters, of which Deion has always been one of the biggest. Don't hate on them, but they send me in a different direction. I agree with Loco when it comes to distaste for how Deion cleaned house. These were 20 year-olds who had to go out and find new homes, and answer the question about being from the CU "trash" pile. I'm sure many ended up in FCS, which is fine if that's a better fit. That said, if Deion can get his kinda kids into that program and make a positive difference in their lives, and improve the program along the way, more power to him.
The thing is, he’s the same as he’s always been. Huge with self promotion … but one thing to keep in mind, something that I respect greatly … while he has all the confidence in the world, I’ve never seen him knock anybody down to further that self promotion. He doesn’t bad mouth others to make himself look better. He’s loud, brash … but he backs it up.

I agree that when it’s that heavy, it’s not attractive. I prefer the silent type that carries that confidence. But in the end, he’s being himself and staying true … without hurting others. So do what you do.

But criticism is going to be welcomed with all the hype. That’s kind of the way it goes. It can make it tougher - we’ve seen it … whether it’s elevating expectations through words or recruiting or whatever else … you have to succeed sooner than later - that hype can become a real albatross. You fired up the masses, you have to give them something tangible. You fired up the haters, they will mark anything slightly awry as a major failure. Like this last loss - a fully expected loss.

That said, whether he makes it or not remains to be seen, he needs some time. He injected life into that program. And he’s going to go for broke. He won’t leave anything on the table.

That’s all you can really ask for. Go for it. Try to be the best, don’t settle for just wading in shallow water.

This is the culture he's creating?
Yeah that was a bad look pregame by CU, one of Sanders son's running his mouth like a fool. One player stomping on the midfield O after CU got pissed about the Nebraska coach (standing, not stomping) on their midfield logo a couple weeks earlier. I get it players chirp at the other team in warmups all of the time, but they were doing it to the camera crew and then they went out and had 21 total yards in the first half vs Oregon's 22 first half first downs. Im actually in that video.

Last edited:
I see where you're going and I feel it. But again, every school has players that talk like this. Every team. From Alabama to USC to Texas to Clemson to Coastal Carolina to UNLV. That is natural trash talk.

Do I agree with everything that is said? Definitely not.

But to paint them as the bad guy is not fair. How about all the Oregon fans or some casual fans on twitter saying that they're happy Shilo was pissing blood or the fans saying that they're glad Hunter got hurt? I don't see outrage about those comments and those comments go much further than football. Those are personal comments that wish bad upon someone's well being and heath.

Last edited:
I see where you're going and I feel it. But again, every school has players that talk like this. Every team. From Alabama to USC to Texas to Clemson to Coastal Carolina to UNLV. That is natural trash talk.

Do I agree with everything that is said? Definitely not.

But to paint them as the bad guy is not fair. How about all the Oregon fans or some casual fans on twitter saying that they're happy Shilo was pissing blood or the fans saying that they're glad Hunter got hurt? I don't see outrage about those comments and those comments go much further than football. Those are personal comments that wish bad upon someone's well being and heath.

Yeah I said as much about every school chirps pregame in the post above so no need for me to say much more than I already have, I think we agree on that.

As far as fans on social media, that really has zero to do with the topic which is CU acting a fool in Eugene. Fans on social media are idiots, we probably agree on that too l.

Reactions: reagan21

He will get over the top credit for anything he accomplishes there.

He will get over the top criticism for any failures.

Reactions: j. spilotro
In a way I feel like this fits UNLV. They have already moved up from around 116th to 77th in the combined Massey ratings in the first four games. Expectations now have UNLV winning from 7-9 games based on ratings. If things hold this could be the end of a free pass for MWC teams looking for a quick win.

It is also nice to see that the combined ratings now have unr dead last in the entire country at #133! Sweet!

One of my favorite things on the internet are compilation of fighters, mostly boxing and UFC, of one guy or gal talking all kinds of mess and showboating, while the other guy just stays quiet and locked in. Then of course the quiet one absolute smokes the other one who ends up KTFO. Often brutally.

I personally do not like boisterous people. We all have our own ways of getting hyped up. And some people will get off their game when they are called out.

But there are others that are uneffected and the ones that actually get pumped by their opposition talking sh!t to them.

It is a gamble.

I also get that every team has talkers. I guess the difference here is which CU's added exposure ( again somewhat undeserved on merit alone) their players are using social media and public outlets to do this.

So when they talk publically a lot, then get smoked. It makes people happy. It made me happy, tbh. It's not because I'm a hater, I just generally gravitate towards situations where a business like approach dominates a more lambastic one.

I have nothing against CU or Prime personally. I don't like the undeserved exposure. Again I think it should be based on merit, but I know that isn't the world we live in. I think Deion has done a surprisingly good job as a HC so far. I think they will make some noise. I think it remains to be seen how he does at an equal talent level. He did get have a lot of success on huge talent gaps, especially at JSU.

I get that.

I suppose that my comment was in general about people finding flaws in today's heroes. I know that it's only going to get worse with social media being so prevalent.

I wasn't disagreeing with your initial post at all.

He's a polarizing figure for a lot of people.

So reactions to him will be to the extreme.

Idiot!

Last edited:
I wasn't disagreeing with your initial post at all.

He's a polarizing figure for a lot of people.

So reactions to him will be to the extreme.

Idiot!
I was trying to be nice since you just recently returned to the board but a leopard cannot change his spots apparently.

How about we discuss how good our place kicker is? Do you cheer when we make field goals or call him names while he’s kicking?

I was trying to be nice since you just recently returned to the board but a leopard cannot change his spots apparently.

How about we discuss how good our place kicker is? Do you cheer when we make field goals or call him names while he’s kicking?

When we line up for FGs I go and get my beers..

But if I was watching I would give a polite golf clap.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT