ADVERTISEMENT

If we were big 12

WarthogRebel

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Would we be looking at 30,000 rebel fans and 15,000 opponents fans for a total of around 45,000 a game?

I think the Syracuse game will be a good indicator. If we bring 30 for that game, I’m pretty convinced Syracuse is bringing at least 10. To me, that begs the question of how we cannot get a big 12 invite. The town is perfect. If we get good, we could be looking at 50,000 and 60,000 at a game. ( 9-0 UNLV vs 9-0 TCU or Iowa State) I think we easily could have 35,000 locals if we were naturally prominent and bring in 25,000 out of towners just to go to a game in Vegas.

I think the Syracuse game will be a good indicator. If we bring 30 for that game, I’m pretty convinced Syracuse is bringing at least 10. To me, that begs the question of how we cannot get a big 12 invite. The town is perfect. If we get good, we could be looking at 50,000 and 60,000 at a game. ( 9-0 UNLV vs 9-0 TCU or Iowa State) I think we easily could have 35,000 locals if we were naturally prominent and bring in 25,000 out of towners just to go to a game in Vegas.
And we want a Big 12 invite? That conference with a team like Houston and Colorado? I thought you ran some rough numbers and tabulated something concrete. Just take care of Coach Odom and his staff.

We need to improve in basketball. Yormark seems to have a hard on for basketball. With a good basketball program and good football program we would have a better chance. It just seems to me that our administration has given up on basketball and is throwing everything into football.

Reactions: 1Tripoda
We need to improve in basketball. Yormark seems to have a hard on for basketball. With a good basketball program and good football program we would have a better chance. It just seems to me that our administration has given up on basketball and is throwing everything into football.
I hope not. At the moment CKK is safe, though. Another missed NCAA tournament might change his future endeavours. He might want to dust up his CV just in case.

And we want a Big 12 invite? That conference with a team like Houston and Colorado? I thought you ran some rough numbers and tabulated something concrete. Just take care of Coach Odom and his staff.
How do you think you afford to take care of a staff? The wanna be Pac 12 that's just MWC lite...no, Big 12s our play and it's not an unrealistic reality, especially with a performing football program

Reactions: LVRebel2000
How do you figure this? I bet we brought just under 25k to today’s game, against a FCS opponent. Pretty much 0 Utah Tech fans here

Reactions: LVRebel2000
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT