ADVERTISEMENT

I feel sick to my stomach about getting raped by Duke

RebelScrub

Making UNLV relevent again for locals
May 29, 2001
I dont even know what to say.

26 ****in years since we curb stomped them. Now they are gonna curb stomp us in our own city.

I hope the fans out there stick it to our AD and anybody else who f*cked up with the hiring process.

We could have, should have been fully stocked with Rice`s recruits.

Hell, if Rice got embarassed by Coach K, i would have been fine giving him the pink slip right after the game.

Just ranting right now.

Maybe Chase Jeter will drop 30 on us.

Reactions: the Florian Trout
Ya watching how they handled Florida who has size in the middle and really good guard play is a little worriesome for us. They are deep and talented and they run a great offense. Kennard can hit from anywhere while creating his own shot. I think they're size alone is scary. Jefferson, Tatum and Kennard are the only players that scored really but they are impossible to defend without size. We need to run the old Boyd Grant slow it down ball hahaha

Well, the hiring process went a lot smoother last time and look at where that got us. I wouldn't worry so much about what happens in year 1 with a new coach. Dave Rice had his best year in year 1 and people expected things to get better after that and it only got worse.

Reactions: ricovegas
The spread will appropriately be 30..

I would take Duke and the points

Imma take my +22pt bet (got it early), hop on the monorail to The T and my happy ass will be there for the Rebels hoping they don't get smoked out the building.. all I want is one random "Reeeebeeells" chant after a run.. just one! Not this band starting the chant crap, if our boys can go on a lil run and we hear a random Rebels chant, I'll be sastified :)
Go, Fight, & Please Cover!!

The game sold out. Based on the number of Rebel fans at the T&M lately, you will be surrounded by a lot of Blue.

Im going to sell my soul this weekend.

Gonna take Duke and the Giants to win on a parlay.

Reactions: EastSideRebel
I dont even know what to say.

26 ****in years since we curb stomped them. Now they are gonna curb stomp us in our own city.

I hope the fans out there stick it to our AD and anybody else who f*cked up with the hiring process.

We could have, should have been fully stocked with Rice`s recruits.

Hell, if Rice got embarassed by Coach K, i would have been fine giving him the pink slip right after the game.

Just ranting right now.

Maybe Chase Jeter will drop 30 on us.
We beat their ass by 30 and it motivated them to beat us the next year and basically put our program in a tailspin maybe we take our beating like men and return the favor later down the road. If this was war I would say goodbye to your loved ones and see you on the other side.
Betting the other way thou no excuse for that in essence you're cheering for Duke. I'd have to throw you out of my sports bar for that. (All in good fun).

Imagine if rice knew how to coach.
It's funny. He did pretty well in these types of games.

He "outcoached" Roy Williams, "outcoached" Sean Miller, "outcoached" Tom Crean, "outcoached" Dana Altman, etc, etc, etc.

UNLV had a better winning percentage against top 25 teams without being ranked over the last 5 years than any other UNLV coach...

Lost games he shouldn't have. But not only won some big regular season games, actually crushed the competition in a few of them.

He "outcoached" Roy Williams, "outcoached" Sean Miller, "outcoached" Tom Crean, "outcoached" Dana Altman, etc, etc, etc.

UNLV had a better winning percentage against top 25 teams without being ranked over the last 5 years than any other UNLV coach...

Lost games he shouldn't have. But not only won some big regular season games, actually crushed the competition in a few of them.
While the board enjoys pointing out Rice's flaws they forget to point out his strengths.

Well said, Joe.

Im not cheering for Duke, i know a slaughter when I see one.

Doesnt betting knowing your team isnt going to win or cover kinda lessen the pain

Rice should have never been fired. It set the program back another decade. Sad!

Reactions: Rashanir

Rice should have never been fired. It set the program back another decade. Sad!

Year 1: 26-9, 9-5 MWC (with stacked roster that Kruger gifted him), upset in 1st round NCAA
Year 2: 25-10, 10-6 MWC, upset by lower seed in NCAA 1st round again.
Year 3: 20-13, 10-8 MWC, no postseason
Year 4: 18-15, 8-10 MWC, no postseason
Year 5: 9-7, 0-3 MWC, on pace for another no postseason

The proof is in the puddin', he should have been given an extension, no doubt. It's still flabbergasting how much support Rice has on this site, it's quite literally unbelievable.

Year 1: 26-9, 9-5 MWC (with stacked roster that Kruger gifted him), upset in 1st round NCAA
Year 2: 25-10, 10-6 MWC, upset by lower seed in NCAA 1st round again.
Year 3: 20-13, 10-8 MWC, no postseason
Year 4: 18-15, 8-10 MWC, no postseason
Year 5: 9-7, 0-3 MWC, on pace for another no postseason

The proof is in the puddin', he should have been given an extension, no doubt. It's still flabbergasting how much support Rice has on this site, it's quite literally unbelievable.
If we are going to point out flaws, why not what was done that was positive? We probably had 3 or 4 non-conference wins over ranked teams In about a 20 year period. Far more were done in the last few years. Or is that not factual?

Problem was conference season and post season. Certainly not non-conference. Best non conference regular season wins since we were a powerhouse.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
If we are going to point out flaws, why not what was done that was positive? We probably had 3 or 4 non-conference wins over ranked teams In about a 20 year period. Far more were done in the last few years. Or is that not factual?

Problem was conference season and post season. Certainly not non-conference. Best non conference regular season wins since we were a powerhouse.

Actually that's the infuriating thing about the whole Rice era. He showed he had the players to compete and beat the top tier teams but year after year they never ever got it done in the regular season. Not even close to winning the conference outright. I agree, great wins but hell I'd toss all those wins for a couple of decent post season showings. Just my opinon but firing Rice wasn't the biggest error, it was the fiasco that followed that set us back a decade.

Actually that's the infuriating thing about the whole Rice era. He showed he had the players to compete and beat the top tier teams but year after year they never ever got it done in the regular season. Not even close to winning the conference outright. I agree, great wins but hell I'd toss all those wins for a couple of decent post season showings. Just my opinon but firing Rice wasn't the biggest error, it was the fiasco that followed that set us back a decade.
The fiasco following really set this program back. Midyear firing was the wrong move. It burned UNLV badly. Wait until after the season.

Only way a midseason firing could be justified is if UNLV had somebody hired behind the scenes and that somebody was a big splash. Even then, firing somebody midseason when a scandal/infraction wasn't involved is very shady. It doesn't happen for a reason.

But UNLV had nobody in hand. So the then current players, the recruits - they are coachless for the next three months. Coaches were like piranha on carcass. Everyone was poached. Poached while UNLV tried to figure everything out. Some definite bad luck along the way too... but the whole public debacle made UNLV look really bad nationally and UNLV sustained a lot of injury.

Guys who heavily supported Rice, guys who didn't. Everyone was frustrated. Because those big wins weren't flukes - too many of them and in a few of them, UNLV wins by double digits - and eyeball test, games where it was very evident UNLV was as good as those top teams. So we were able to see he ceiling under Rice, which was competing with the top nationally. Unfortunately we saw too many middle floors and the basement too often. Yeah, definitely frustrating.

Reactions: UNLVAlumni

With the talent we had, we absolutely should have been competing with those teams, easily. The talent really stepped up in those types of games. Its the mind boggling losses that fried our brains.

ESPN just said Coach K showed Grayson the 1990 game...

Coach K, u really still bitter about that? Lol

Look man, Larry bush is a bench guy! These guys, Greg Anthony and Anderson hunt, are gonna be all over you so I need you to be at the top of your game!

Well, now that it is over with.

Getting raped like that isnt too all bad.

Im pretty sure we`ll forget about it. Learn from it. Recover.

Im over it.

i got a text message that said:

"You should have seen coach k snub Moses Scurry when he went to exchange pleasantries.Coach k is a sore loser (103-73 will hurt forever)."

anyone else see that?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT