ADVERTISEMENT

Hope

RunRebsRun1990

NBA Draft Pick
Gold Member
Sep 25, 2015
You can sell hope. You can feed on it. Hope can keep you going. Hope puts fans in the stands.

There is no hope here. It’s gone. We could literally sign the #1 recruiting class and nobody would expect anything until they actually did it on the court.

The worst thing is the apathy. There used to be anger here. Now there’s just....nothing. Nobody cares.

It’s not that this has happened it’s HOW it’s happened that has killed any remaining hope. If we wouldn’t have collapsed at the end of the year/seen the poor coaching/seen the poor defense I think we would be hopeful that we are building towards something based on how the season began.

This feels like we’re driving straight towards the morgue. Feels like our basketball program has become our football program. Frankly, I was scared we would never recover from the coaching search debacle and 2 years in, I feel even stronger about that.

This is our culture now. Hopeless. Apathetic. Pro sports here and more coming. Staring into the abyss for our beloved program. And the abyss is staring back.

Dark, painful days made worse by our rival having the time of their life.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News