ADVERTISEMENT

Hawaii

Dean Winchester Facepalm GIF
I just looked at a map of the United States and Hawaii is just southwest of Southern CA, what are you guys talking about?!?!?!?!?

Also, how is Hawaii so warm and Alaska so cold if they're right next to each other. I've always wondered that.

I just looked at a map of the United States and Hawaii is just southwest of Southern CA, what are you guys talking about?!?!?!?!?

Also, how is Hawaii so warm and Alaska so cold if they're right next to each other? I've always wondered that.

It's a latitude longitude thing coupled with the 45th parallel and the equator intersecting. You wouldn't understand

Still no word on whether Hawaii will come in with all sports. But, I found this good article which mentions the specific costs of Hawaii's travel and the subsidies it pays to both the MWC and the Big West based on time zones...

Not a big fan of the travel subs. I think it’s kind of bush league and we should drop them.

Especially if we’re screwing Hawaii out of millions and only giving them 5% of the exit fee money. They're at least as valuable as UNR and SJSU who are getting 11.5%.

Not a big fan of the travel subs. I think it’s kind of bush league and we should drop them.

Especially if we’re screwing Hawaii out of millions and only giving them 5% of the exit fee money. They're at least as valuable as UNR and SJSU who are getting 11.5%.
I think we should waive UNRs exit fee and give them to the PAC12 as a peace offering.

If we give them extra exit money that is still just a short term solution for Hawaii. Their travel expenses to the mainland is about $1.5 million per the article. Now what we need to do is take the average of the 7 other MWC schools travel cost which I'm guessing is less. Then subtract the average travel costs from the $1.5 million. Let's say for example that it shows Hawaii with travel costs $500,000 more than what the average 7 pay annually then that could be the amount we give Hawaii extra on their annual media revenue payout. That way everyone is pretty much on a level playing field.

But, I think the holdup on them accepting is that media contract they have with Spectrum. They may be making more money than what we are getting on our media contract. That and we don't sponsor all the sports they participate with in the Big West.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT