ADVERTISEMENT

Glad we won, but can anyone help?

VegasPete7

UNLV Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2002
So, my wife's favorite group was in town tonight, and we went to the show at 8pm. No worries, this is literally what a DVR has been invented for. I DVR the game, even including the 30 minutes after in case the game goes overtime or something. I turn my phone off at 8:58 to avoid any texts/fb updates/etc. etc. No AM radio on the way home, no phone, nothing. Show got out at 10, home by 10:30. Wife goes to bed, I'm like, "let's see how the Rebels did."

Great game by Sneed, the backs, the OLine, defense played hard even though they gave up a lot of points. About midway through the 3rd quarter, I notice that the time on the DVR recording is all the way up to 2:30 or so, the rest of the game basically has an hour to go on the recording before the recording stops. So, I'm like screw it, nothing I can do now, no use trying to see the live feed now, game has to be over by 12:30 (Yay for skipping through commercials and halftime) I get all the way up to Lex's long TD to tie it at 38. Then I see us force the fumble and McKyer's running into the end zone and the recording stops.

Agony sets in... there's no way I can avoid looking up the score. Type UNLV football into Google, do a little pace around the living room, pull up the screen.... WE WON 41-38! Nice.

OK, so there has to be a way to see this... I go to FOX, they're playing Lethal Weapon the remake, I go to Fox Sports Go on the computer, they're not showing any replays of this game. I go to On Demand to see if Fox will show me a recording so I can see the last 3 minutes. No dice, and so I come to you my Rebel Net brethren... Thoughts? Ideas? Youtube feed? A periscope feed? Anything?

Reactions: gorebs97
That's a tough one... and a situation that I have found myself in on more than one occasion. I really doubt that you'll be able to find it online unless someone here that DVR'd the game can rip it onto Youtube, create a video file for sharing, or some other method.

Unfortunately, I'm no help for you as I'm currently living the life of a cord-cutter, without DVR access. For the game tonight I went out and bought an HD antennae and watched it live. Good luck.

so basically from CBS Tracker I figured out they called a penalty on the TD return. Looks like Sneed passed to Boyd for 30 yards to get us down there, then they stopped us, and we kicked a FG with 30 secs left?
Speaking of the pass to Boyd... This was a really great play that probably won't get the recognition it deserves. Hawaii's defender was beat by Boyd, but he made a great leaping play to get fingers on the ball. The deflection completely changed the trajectory of the pass and caused the ball to wobble sideways out of its spiral. Boyd made a fantastic, fast adjustment to bring it in. Was a bang bang play that probably should have resulted in a drop, but Boyd stepped up and made a huge catch.

so basically from CBS Tracker I figured out they called a penalty on the TD return. Looks like Sneed passed to Boyd for 30 yards to get us down there, then they stopped us, and we kicked a FG with 30 secs left?
Yeah, they called UNLV for holding because a UNLV guy out of bounds threw a block on a UH guy out of bounds. Didn't look like it was going to have an impact on the overall play, but I'd have to see it again.

Also You could probably catch the latest Reb Zone. I'm pretty sure they would have a nice recap of the game.

I was stuck listening to the radio for the entire game. Up to 2:30 am. So there!

Thanks for posting the Boyd catch, excellent and crucial catch it turned out to be.

I'll have to catch the Youtube of the RebZone this week.

Not only was it an amazing catch off the tip but Boyd stayed in bounds which burned an additional 30 seconds off that clock. I'm not sure it was intentional but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt because he wears UNLV on his helmet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT