ADVERTISEMENT

GAME OVER!!! The Cannon is coming back Home to LV!!! :boxing:

702Rebel Knight

Lottery Pick
Feb 26, 2009
100821809photo2601.jpg

Sanchez is doing a solid job, one week at a time.. This guy might get us Bowl eligible in his 1st season, if Decker is not lost for the year?

Great win today though, Go Rebels!

Reactions: bornreb89
This coach has officially met my first year expectations:

1. Win 2 games
2. Beat UNR
3. Show a style that is aggressive and exciting for recruits.

I like this coach and the direction he is taking the program.

Next week San Jose at home!? That game just look more possible now than ever! What a game this was. Holy smack!

Knowing rebelrobert and the rest of the trolls, the post will start, with something along the lines of the mwc is trash, this proves nothing, and this proves nothing since reno is bad this year.

I hate the trolls. Go Rebels! Lets go BOWLING!

I dunno, I think we already surpassed his estimated win total.

Sanchez is going to prove to be a good hire in the end. Hell, did anybody expect him to do what he's done so far? Not many.
Actually we surpassed it last week. Will predicted 0 wins, and the eventual cancellation of the program.

I was slightly more optimistic with 2-4 wins. So impressed with the play of defense that I think 4-6 are actually possible now.

Reactions: ljurich and GoRebs!
Wife had me at Hotel Transylvania 2 with the kids right after the game but man did the team play well in those conditions. I'm seeing that Sanchez just is a great football guy and has turned this team into a real team.
This team seems to have fed off the doubters and naysayers like myself. There are enough potential wins on the schedule to get to a bowl game and actually win when we get there.

Wife had me at Hotel Transylvania 2 with the kids right after the game but man did the team play well in those conditions. I'm seeing that Sanchez just is a great football guy and has turned this team into a real team.
This team seems to have fed off the doubters and naysayers like myself. There are enough potential wins on the schedule to get to a bowl game and actually win when we get there.
One thing I can say about Will he is a stand up guy. Takes some class to admit being wrong when you put yourself out there as strongly as he did.

Will what has surprised you the most so far this season?

Defensive discipline player for player. These guys understand their assignments and are rarely putting themselves into position to give up big plays.
Teams really have to stay patient if they want to get into the end zone versus this defense

Classy post.

Reactions: colonelreb
The defense is scrappy. Sanchez wanted junkyard dogs, and he got them. The amazing thing is that he managed to get to that level without all of the penalties that usually accompany rougher defenses. With one more off season under their belt to bulk up and get faster under Belton that young d line, o line, and the corners are going to be great.

Sanchez got a decent incoming class with no wins and not more than two months to recruit. With a chance at a bowl game, I expect some real contenders in this upcoming recruiting class.

I like where this is going.

Defensive discipline player for player. These guys understand their assignments and are rarely putting themselves into position to give up big plays.
Teams really have to stay patient if they want to get into the end zone versus this defense
I agree totally. Defense is still giving up some yards but not in the chunks they were in the past. It's essentially the same talent on the field the difference is they know their assingments. Front four regardless of the combination has been pretty nasty this year. Only thing I think the defense lacks is a consistent pass rush.

Yards against are down from last year. More importantly points against are way down.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT