ADVERTISEMENT

Frustration...

We give up 100 yards rushing in the first half to a team who only averages 80 yards rushing a game.

My frustration -
For the first time this year!!........ Effort.
Not seeing it on finishing blocks- sorry, but I see players playing down a level on this game. They have come WAY too far to have this effort...
I just backspaced over four paragraphs - it can be summarized as: show me you want it.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
In a drought a bunt will get it done! (One of the first lessons I learned I college years ago...and I never played baseball!).

UNLV never trailed in this game. Unlv won by 3 scores. Unlv out gained Hawaii 547 to 378 yards. Unlv had two backs rush for over 100 yards. UNLV controlled the time of possession 36 minutes to 23 minutes. We did not give up a sack the entire night. That was as dominant a win as Unlv has had in some time (Idaho State not withstanding)

To put this win/performance in more perspective. We gave up 300 yards a game last year on the ground alone. We gave up an average of 40 points a game last year. We cut 110 yards off the rushing total and cut points against in half.

I'll take it.

Last edited:
I can't recall any previous times when UNLV has beaten a conference opponent during the month of November by 3 TDs. Before Sanchez arrived, November was always a time of hopelessness, dreariness, and defeat, and typically a point where the players stopped trying altogether. This year is quite different. These kids have as much fire today as they did in week 1. Yeah the first half was a little sloppy but our guys played inspired ball and came out swinging. It was good to see the offense put up a ton of yards and points and blowout a team in November.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT