ADVERTISEMENT

Friends of UNLV….

TimothyC3

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Article from the LV Sun on UNLV’s Friends of UNLV NIL collective. One of Grimila’s better articles IMO. The bottom line take away is that recruiting is all about the NIL The NIL IMO down the road will not only impact recruiting players. Also, the hiring of coaches because it will be important for a coaching hires to know the degree of NIL $$$$ and support in place before accepting a job. Additionally, there could be an impact on conference affiliation requiring a minimal NIL support. Who knows?

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2023/jul/09/nil-changed-the-game-and-will-only-continue-to-evo/

I had read the article and it is informative. It's great to see business supporting our athletes. From the article I saw that there is a NILClub.com site where we can make monthly contributions for an annual commitment to various UNLV teams. I didn't even know that existed. It doesn't look like those nilclub.com contributions are tax deductible but, the article or site don't say they are so I'm just assuming they aren't. That's okay. I always donate annually to UNLV Athletics but it's good to know that we can contribute directly to the athletes as a group on the UNLV teams we follow.

Check out that website at nilclub.com and you can see all the other schools that participate and see what kind of money they are bringing in. To see all the UNLV teams participating use the Search and type UNLV.

So wait a second, I can’t just like throw in some weed or give a hundred dollar handshake? I have to sign with an NILCluv?

That was an amazing article..

I wonder how much NIL Keshon Gilbert was paid by ISU.

So these ultra NCAA division 1 kids already get money and they get to feed their kids and families..

All to finish 5th place in the league.

I’m living in fantasy land.

The nilclub is only for football. $1800 is the monthly goal for 79 players? We offering these guys Twix bars monthly to play for us?

• Haha
Reactions: RebelScrub
The nilclub is only for football. $1800 is the monthly goal for 79 players? We offering these guys Twix bars monthly to play for us?
Auntie Tut=Jan

She is a legend. She goes to every women’s basketball game.

Reactions: TimothyC3
@TimothyC3

You still drive that convertible Porsche boxer? That’s the last time I saw you face to face..

I think as fans we should all be able to put a bid up for our favorite recruit - I got 500 K and I want to see "blank" in Scarley and Grey - I know some friends of the program that could handle a clean deal like that - as long as they get what they want in return

that is pretty much the going rate for a top 15 BBall player

I think as fans we should all be able to put a bid up for our favorite recruit - I got 500 K and I want to see "blank" in Scarley and Grey - I know some friends of the program that could handle a clean deal like that - as long as they get what they want in return

@RebelScrub Keshon got a scholarship - You only get serious cash if you have competition for your services - Supply and demand type thing _ the demand is not high on Keshon (compared to those with more value) TJ sees value in Keshon - most dont - if he could wrestle up some scratch for Keshon - than they got some rich farmer alumni in Iowa and TJ has got them under his thumb. Doubt it - seriously - I doubt he got paid at all- He got a home in the big 12 a scholarship and a chance to play on the big stage _ i would surmise TJs offer was the best

@RebelScrub Keshon got a scholarship - You only get serious cash if you have competition for your services - Supply and demand type thing _ the demand is not high on Keshon (compared to those with more value) TJ sees value in Keshon - most dont - if he could wrestle up some scratch for Keshon - than they got some rich farmer alumni in Iowa and TJ has got them under his thumb. Doubt it - seriously - I doubt he got paid at all- He got a home in the big 12 a scholarship and a chance to play on the big stage _ i would surmise TJs offer was the best
Keshon is getting paid well and he got paid well at UNLV. Every player on the roster is being paid. That’s CBB today.

You bring up an excellent point. I feel that programs like USC, UCLA, Texas, A&M, etc., yes, they have significant revenue cash flows from their respective conferences, tv contracts, attendance, etc., but what we need (and what those programs have) is alumni that are in constant reproductive organ measuring contests of who is writing a bigger check for this, or who is lending their personal gulfstream for that, or who is slapping their name on this athletic building with a huge donation, and to never be upstaged. We really need that. For a young school in a growing metropolis, I’m concerned we just don’t have the alumni body with that kind of cheese, or the collegiate passion that’s required of those that do have the cash, but that kind of catalyst is the only thing that can grow our program, in lieu of constant winning and hopeful elevation into more of a money making conference

C’mon rich alumni… Let that ego and fandom shine!

For those that do write the checks. Thank you. We just need more and a viral ALS bucket challenge style one upsmanship with those that have the coin.

You bring up an excellent point. I feel that programs like USC, UCLA, Texas, A&M, etc., yes, they have significant revenue cash flows from their respective conferences, tv contracts, attendance, etc., but what we need (and what those programs have) is alumni that are in constant reproductive organ measuring contests of who is writing a bigger check for this, or who is lending their personal gulfstream for that, or who is slapping their name on this athletic building with a huge donation, and to never be upstaged. We really need that. For a young school in a growing metropolis, I’m concerned we just don’t have the alumni body with that kind of cheese, or the collegiate passion that’s required of those that do have the cash, but that kind of catalyst is the only thing that can grow our program, in lieu of constant winning and hopeful elevation into more of a money making conference

C’mon rich alumni… Let that ego and fandom shine!

For those that do write the checks. Thank you. We just need more and a viral ALS bucket challenge style one upsmanship with those that have the coin.
Lol..auntie Tut aka Jan is a real super fan. Her life is all UNLV athletics. I see her at the women’s games.

Reactions: 1Tripoda
Keshon is getting paid well and he got paid well at UNLV. Every player on the roster is being paid. That’s CBB today.
I’m sorry but he rubbed me the wrong way at first look last year. He really was a true sophomore and it showed.

So at first look while everyone was waiting in line for UNLV autographs, I cut the Que and went immediately to get Luis Rodriguez’s autograph. Keshawn was last in line since we based the marketing on him last year. Rodriguez was like “this is the guy that I met at Walgreen’s” and being the immature guy that Keshon was. He was kinda miffed that I went to Luis first. Anyways, I said, “I’m here for this guy” pointing at Luis. I did thank Keshon for staying but he was very immature on why I went to Luis first. Heck, I didn’t even get Keshon’s autograph…

Well, he’s gone. We gave the ball to him tons of times last year and he blew all his opportunities.

I’m over it..but not really over it. Hope he ends up like Caleb Grill. See ya..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT