ADVERTISEMENT

Fresno State Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
34-17 UNLV

Team comes together for a hard fought first half ahead 17-10, second half opens up with both sides of the ball showing the hard work they have put in is paying off - finishing strong.
Sneed with 65% comp - 2TD passes - no turnovers (please!!)

I have no idea what to expect.

27-24 UNLV

Sneed limits mistakes, makes a couple plays and we lean heavily on run game.
It becomes a must win for UNLV. Sanchez has gotta be as fired up for this game as any. Lose this one, cash in the season. Not trying to be fatalistic, but they aren't going to miraculously do a complete 180 and mow down the post-FSU schedule with big enough success to reach .500, which in my mind has to be the goal.

Lose this and every shred of preseason hype and hope is extinguished.

UNLV rolls 35-20.

It becomes a must win for UNLV. Sanchez has gotta be as fired up for this game as any. Lose this one, cash in the season. Not trying to be fatalistic, but they aren't going to miraculously do a complete 180 and mow down the post-FSU schedule with big enough success to reach .500, which in my mind has to be the goal.

Lose this and every shred of preseason hype and hope is extinguished.

UNLV rolls 35-20.

Agree 100%

35 to 28 Fresneck.

This defense is beyond porous, doubt it gets fixed in a week. Maybe the wind helps them on Saturday.

30-24 unlv sneed and kurt need td this Saturday field goals wont cut it. Use Lex and willians, pass to boyd, get a pass rush and for secondary don't play shallow

I hope we take some shots downfield. I can really only think of one big pass play this whole season: the long pass to Boyd early in the UCLA game that went off the very tips of Boyd's fingers (I couldn't watch this as the previous game ran long on the PAC12 network).

I see deep passes as low risk high reward plays. With Boyd as talented as he is, he can go up and catch balls as good as anyone. You also have a better shot for pass interference on this type of route as opposed to a quick-hitting, timing route (we learned this the hard way vs. Idaho). I think you also have a lower chance of an interception on these passes (also saw that vs. Idaho).

The deep ball threat will further help our running game to keep those safeties back and worried about play action.

Reactions: GoRebs!
I hope we take some shots downfield. I can really only think of one big pass play this whole season: the long pass to Boyd early in the UCLA game that went off the very tips of Boyd's fingers (I couldn't watch this as the previous game ran long on the PAC12 network).

I see deep passes as low risk high reward plays. With Boyd as talented as he is, he can go up and catch balls as good as anyone. You also have a better shot for pass interference on this type of route as opposed to a quick-hitting, timing route (we learned this the hard way vs. Idaho). I think you also have a lower chance of an interception on these passes (also saw that vs. Idaho).

The deep ball threat will further help our running game to keep those safeties back and worried about play action.

That was something I noticed vs Idaho. I don't remember us challenging them deep at all.

I would let Sneed take a shot downfield early to keep defense honest. Otherwise we will be looking at a lot of 8-9 guys in the box.

Sneed energizes the offense, but defense continues to struggle.

UNLV 38
Fresno 35

I don't feel good about this. A pit in my stomach says FSU 28-UNLV17

I hope I'm wrong. But I think this game could provide some hope for the season or pretty much drop it in the toilet, just waiting to be flushed away.

No prediction on this game-

For me this is the Season right here. Homecoming game . first MW game, kill a losing streak game and new QB. If they lose i'll still root for them, still watch and support but it will dampen all hope for the season being a lit fuse to a new era, (that said if we keep the cannon at the end of the year the season is good). I want to see energy, passion, aggression, tackling . they have looked like a dog with its tail between its legs as of late.

Get some Swagger guys, rep UNLV

I know the D hasnt played well the recievers drop a lot of passes and the kicking has been erratic. I can wish for improvement hope they stop dropping balls and play a complete game. For me im calling on the O line, they are that good. They need to carry this team, come out as "grown ass men" and dominate. This means control the line, control time. limit sacks , limit runs for losses. They have the talent depth and ability just need to put it all together.

After saying we would easily win verse Idaho, and then playing a really bad game, I will not even make a guess. I do know losing this game will remove all momentum from this program for the season! I just hope Snead can live up to the hype from HS.

Pretty sure we said that about Idaho
The circumstances were different. It's clear that they didn't take them seriously. It's much easier to come out with focus when you just lost a game that you shouldn't have, and it's the conference opener.

The circumstances were different. It's clear that they didn't take them seriously. It's much easier to come out with focus when you just lost a game that you shouldn't have, and it's the conference opener.
I wish I could give this post a thumbs down. When you are trying to build a program as bad as UNLV has been, there is NO WAY this team should ever over look any other team. No more bull shit excuses.

Fresno State will score more points than UNLV. Idaho lost 34-13 at home today to Troy. I understand that was last week. I also was at the game and UNLV was totally outplayed from the start. No excuse for that to happen. I don't care if it's the first MWC game or Homecoming or how good the offense might play tonight. Hard to see the UNLV defense stopping Fresno, given how good Idaho's QB looked last week against this defense.
I hope I'm wrong. Please, please, please prove me wrong Rebels!!!
GO REBELS!!

Reactions: natchampin2
Fresno State will score more points than UNLV. Idaho lost 34-13 at home today to Troy. I understand that was last week. I also was at the game and UNLV was totally outplayed from the start. No excuse for that to happen. I don't care if it's the first MWC game or Homecoming or how good the offense might play tonight. Hard to see the UNLV defense stopping Fresno, given how good Idaho's QB looked last week against this defense.
I hope I'm wrong. Please, please, please prove me wrong Rebels!!!
GO REBELS!!
Iagree I want UNLV to win but man it is hard to think they will win another game, they looked so horrible on Defense last week, the worst Defensive performance I can remember. Prove us wrong Rebs,. PLEASE WE BEG you to beat a 1 A team

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT