ADVERTISEMENT

Former 4* USC OT Transfering

I doubt he is coming here to be back up. He is very athletic and big and fast. Heard if it wasn’t for his back injury he would of been high draft pick. Hopefully he is good to go. We need left tackle.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
I have no doubt he didn't come as a backup. He was in line at USC to compete for the starting position this next season, and schools like Texas where recruiting him as a transfer.

Reactions: Big fella 52
I don't believe the coaching staff would have provided a scholarship if they didn't think he was fully recovered.

They might. it may also be the reason we got him and Texas didn't. Willing to use a Scholly on a guy that may be a question mark. More desperate.

Not trying to knock the guy. I have no idea what his health status is. Just saying that it would be feasible for a program likes ours to roll the dice a bit.

The last time UNLV rolled the dice on a four star transfer, it was with the RB from Alabama, and they ended up throwing snake eyes! In this case, I think there is enough evidence that he is healthy. The big question will be if he has lost anything with the time away from playing?

Yes! Kicked off the team for breaking team rules. Never did find out what rules he broke, but did understand he thought he was above rules. He ended up dying in a single car accident in Mississippi just a few months later.

Yes! Kicked off the team for breaking team rules. Never did find out what rules he broke, but did understand he thought he was above rules. He ended up dying in a single car accident in Mississippi just a few months later.
Yep - was removed from team in August during camp. October 2015 was kicked in car single car accident while enrolled at Nichols State. Very sad deal

I recall that. Very sad. On the Bradley front, people I know from USC were shocked he left. He is a known gym rat who usually works out at unbreakable gym owned by jay glazer. It’s very hard to get into and you train with professional athletes. I’m sure he will be in good shape and is 100 % ready to play. I’m very excited about this new era of rebel football.

That rb was really talented. Its a shame about everything that happened. I believe he would have changed things for Sanchez that year. He was just at a different level.

Last edited:
No doubt during practice he made everyone else look like little kids on the field. I have a feeling that Bradley is going to look like a man among boys on the field, and will make a significant difference for the team. Just look at what Rashad Jackson did in his one year, and how much of an impact Randal Grimes has made in his first year coming to UNLV, and this is the type of impact a high level player can make when stepping down to a lower tier program.

Reactions: RebelinWA
On average over the last 30+ years UNLV had 1 4* player ever decade at best. Over the last 2-3 years UNLV has had approximately 6-8 4* players either recruited out of high school or as transfer to UNLV. I am curious how many 4* players UNLV has next year.

Current list that I can think of in regards to recent 4* players (with most on the team next season):
Justin Rogers TCU transfer
Brennon Scott High School
Armani Rogers High School
Randal Grimes USC transfer
Max Gilliam JC
Johnny Stanton JC

On top of this UNLV also has a good half dozen high level 3 star transfer recruits on the team next year

I really believe arroyo offense is going to make some noise this year. It’s the defense that I’m concerned about. Many shootouts.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
Recruits won’t make a difference for a year or 2.
I said I agreed that defense should be a worry and only stated that it’s interesting to see arroyo recruiting defense so well so far. Also don’t agree with your statement. True freshmen make impacts all over college football, especially when they are recruited highly and choose to come to schools like ours. I’m worried about defense this year, just like you but I’m excited about how we’ve recruited that side of the ball so far for an offensive coach

Reactions: Big fella 52
It only takes a couple of high level defensive players to make a huge difference for UNLV on the defensive side. When playing MWC games you are going against teams that rarely play against the athletic talent of high level 3* and 4* players. The couple of transfers and the higher level defensive recruits have a good chance to make an impact almost immediately.

Reactions: Nickk10
The level of teams UNLV plays in conference, minus this years non-conference foes of course, these young but highly touted guys could very well surprise and bring up the defense to a level we aren't use to seeing. I was not a fan of his when he was hired but I have to admit, I am a fan of his recruiting since he has been hired!

Just look at the damage the BSU has done over the last decade, much of it because they have consistently been able to recruit at a higher level then the rest of the conference. How many times has BSU brought in a freshman that was immediately an impact player?

Just look at the damage the BSU has done over the last decade, much of it because they have consistently been able to recruit at a higher level then the rest of the conference. How many times has BSU brought in a freshman that was immediately an impact player?
I don’t know, how many?

You asked me and I will give you a couple of quick examples from 2019 for BSU. I know that most people think that freshmen rarely make a major impact on programs, but when those freshmen are at a much higher level then the typical MWC recruit, it is a totally different ballgame.

Hank Bachmeier starting QB for BSU as a freshman last season. 1879 yards (most on the team) passing 9TD's

George Holani stariting RB for BSU as a freshman last season. 192 attempts for 1,014 yards 5.3 avg. (most for the team)

So the leading QB passing and the leading RB running were both freshmen.

You asked me and I will give you a couple of quick examples from 2019 for BSU. I know that most people think that freshmen rarely make a major impact on programs, but when those freshmen are at a much higher level then the typical MWC recruit, it is a totally different ballgame.

Hank Bachmeier starting QB for BSU as a freshman last season. 1879 yards (most on the team) passing 9TD's

George Holani stariting RB for BSU as a freshman last season. 192 attempts for 1,014 yards 5.3 avg. (most for the team)

So the leading QB passing and the leading RB running were both freshmen.
While true, it is worth noting that this is not typically the BSU way.

I was asked the question, and I answered with two highest level skill positions being filled by Freshmen!
For sure. Goes to show what recruiting can do when the need is there. I think a safe assumption is that just about any position at UNLV could be improved by taking the 2nd guy on BSUs depth chart...

Without question that would be true a couple of years ago, but with the level of recruiting by UNLV for 2020 being as good or better than BSU (when including the transfers), I think that is quickly changing. Now it is up to coaching abilities!

Reactions: quirkt
A co worker of mine just told me he saw a very big guy moving into his complex. They started talking and it was Bradley. Said he is very nice And polite a bit soft spoken but was enormous. Bradley mentioned he has to be locked in for 14 days before he can go to campus or weight room. Said if he were to guess 6 6 6 7 320 and not fat. Just a quick FYI.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT