ADVERTISEMENT

First portal commit

A little off topic but Joe do you remember Brian Emersian?
Of course. Anybody who remembers the 90’s should remember Emerzian. Hell, that was half of the fun of a home game. We knew we were going to win by 20+, chanting for Emerzian to get into the game and actually score drew some of the loudest roars.

But he was AWFUL.

A useless player that was at UNLV for 4 year and did almost nothing. Field goal percentage 10.8%. 3 point percentage 11.1%. Averaged 0.3 points per game.
Oh look mr etiquette is calling someone else useless, don’t remember asking you!
Stick to the Boise St sucks bs!

Reactions: 1Tripoda
Of course. Anybody who remembers the 90’s should remember Emerzian. Hell, that was half of the fun of a home game. We knew we were going to win by 20+, chanting for Emerzian to get into the game and actually score drew some of the loudest roars.

But he was AWFUL.

But he was AWFUL.
how many Armenians get to play basketball for Tarkanian?

Not a lot.

I can’t wait for that LJ documentary to come out that will have video from all the players on the 1990 Squad. I’d like to hear more about Emerzian.

Reactions: SilverSpoon
Maybe you guys should take time off.

It’s going to be a long off season.

It’s 2024, not 1990.

We are a has been program. We weren’t even relevant under Kruger Senior, what makes you think we are going to be relevant again with 1 five star recruit?

Maybe you guys should take time off.

It’s going to be a long off season.

It’s 2024, not 1990.

We are a has been program. We weren’t even relevant under Kruger Senior, what makes you think we are going to be relevant again with 1 five star recruit?
NO UNI will EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, replicate Tarks 1990/91 team. This isnt just a UNLV problem. All we can hope for at this point is an UNLV 84' team knock-off. Sh*+, every p5 would pray for something comparable next season.

We need Foosball money to really compete. Because Scrubs OnlyFans couldn't even cover Nowell's NIL. Ridiculous!

It’s mind blowing to me that a HC that was a former PG, never signed a developmental prospect that plays PG.
He missed a PRIME opportunity to get a backup PG (incoming freshman) this year who could develop in an Oscar Bellfield mold. He didn't want to recruit the player, but the player wanted UNLV.

Will be a big miss in terms of backup to DTJ with the probability to develop into a PG of our future.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
He missed a PRIME opportunity to get a backup PG (incoming freshman) this year who could develop in an Oscar Bellfield mold. He didn't want to recruit the player, but the player wanted UNLV.

Will be a big miss in terms of backup to DTJ with the probability to develop into a PG of our future.
That's disappointing to hear, but at the same time with the modern transfer portal mini-game, I'm not sure how many people you can stash to develop. Also, OB was a starter by his second game his freshman year--don't know that you have room on this squad for a guy that wants to develop like that.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
That's disappointing to hear, but at the same time with the modern transfer portal mini-game, I'm not sure how many people you can stash to develop. Also, OB was a starter by his second game his freshman year--don't know that you have room on this squad for a guy that wants to develop like that.
He won't become DTJ so poaching for big money wouldn't have become an issue. Maybe he transfers here after he gets one season under his belt??? I don't know. But he loves/loved "UNLV" so there was that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT