ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Sanchez

Yes. Saying "Fire Rice" during his second year 1/4 of the way through the season was idiotic. Year 5... Different story.

Fire Baer...

Are we only playing same from last year for the entire game- wasnt that last years problem?
maybe try changing players between quarters....rotate first and second - hell maybe even third string in.....
Every team watches game film- we all know who is going to play and how they play from last year -- different year -same film.
Sad

Coach Sanchez aint going nowhere. His coordinators need to lube their anii, though.

Idiotic would be hiring a glorified high school football coach to coach division one college football
Nice try tho rebelbuzz lol
EVEN IF hiring Coach Sanchez was a terrible move (and I'm not saying it was), firing him anytime soon only compounds the mistake. You're gonna fire a guy who brought the cannon home, has us consistently competitive no matter the opponent, and has lead the way towards a football building? I'm glad that you guys aren't making calls for the program.

Go find your way back to the comments sections of the Sun and RJ.

Fire the guy, who just helped bring a $26M Football Facility to UNLV. And before you say "that was already in the works", "being in the works" means jack shyte unless you can get someone to pay for it.

How about Fire RebelSoldOut?

Reactions: GoRebs!
Been awhile since I posted. Here goes.
I was at the game on Saturday. It was both frustrating and exciting. This is going to take time. In each of the last 3 games, UNLV was in position to win as late as the early 4th qtr. Saturday they lost in OT. This is a program still lacking in depth. Still learning how to win/close out games.
Here is something to consider for the fire Sanchez crowd. Jim Tressel was hired by Youngstown State in 1986. He was 33 and it was his first head coaching position of ANY kind. I was a student the first 5 years Tress was HC. I watched the transformation first hand. And, there were plenty of times it was hard to watch. I kept supporting the team and program though. It was my school. I knew several players and wanted to have their backs. Now I live in Vegas and UNLV is my hometown University. It's wayyy to early to throw in the towel.

In Tressel's first season, YSU was 2-9, with a win though over then arch rival Akron. UNLV hasn't won much yet under Sanchez. They did beat UNR though last year in Reno. 2nd season was 8-4, another win over Akron and first trip to 1AA/FCS Playoffs. Then in year 3, it was like watching the Keystone Cops as the team went 4-7. In year 4, which was 1989, YSU finished 9-4 and won their first ever FCS playoff game. YSU then went on to dominate FCS football in the 90's. Coach Tressel eventually moved on to THE Ohio State University and had great success. It took him time though at YSU to change the culture. Upgrade the facilities. Get EVERYONE to "buy in". To turn a program that was excellent at grasping defeat from the jaws of victory, to a program that won games in every manner possible. Tress was 2-9, 8-4, 4-7 his first 3 years. A combined 14-20. After 4 years, the record was 23-24. And, we are talking about a NCAA College Football Hall of Fame HC.
I see alot of Jim Tressel in Coach Sanchez. And, I still believe he can and will get this program to a point of winning 7-8 games a year. In a year where everything clicks, maybe 9-10. Let's give him the entire length of his contract before deeming Coach Sanchez and this new era a failure. GO REBELS!!

Perspective. "If UNLV football was a country, it would be something like Ethiopia"

Last edited:
Fire the guy, who just helped bring a $26M Football Facility to UNLV. And before you say "that was already in the works", "being in the works" means jack shyte unless you can get someone to pay for it.

How about Fire RebelSoldOut?

RebelSoldOut? Too bad that insult was already used years ago.

The only reason Sanchez got that money in was because he was the "The Chosen One" anointed by a certain group of boosters. That's fine I guess, but he's not delivering results. People were calling for Rice's head by his second year too...and I was being 80% sarcastic anyways.

Not sure why you got so defensive.

I'm defensive because it's your standard modus operandi. Furthermore Sanchez has done more for this program in 20 months than the past two head coaches combined.

I hate that we lost the game and it shouldn't be accepted. But stupid cries to fire him are exactly that, stupid.

I don't care what high school a person coaches at. It takes a certain intellectual mindset to be a successful coach at the division 1 level. We will see if Sanchez can deliver.

I'm not sure what Coaches are beating down the door to coach here even if we DID fire the coach. This whole thread is silliness... The dude has his first full recruiting class, and we want his head... SMFH.

Reactions: Rebel Chi-girl
It's not preparation or game coaching. It's lack of athletes on the defense - especially pass rushers and to some degree the secondary. He'll need at least 2 more years to fix that.

Right now our weakness is totally revealed and the season will be a long one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT