ADVERTISEMENT

FBS Revenues

Loyal Coug1

Starter
Oct 8, 2023
NCAA financial site:

Football Bowl Subdivision | College Athletics Database
Pretty good data. FY 2023.
Replying to myself as usual. WSU in FY 2023 had the lowest Athletics revenue of any team in the Power 5. And it's not even close. We had $79 million. Oregon State is the next lowest at $91 million. Everybody else is above $100 million. Most of them? WAY above $100 million.

G5? 3 AAC teams are higher than WSU, a couple of whom are Big-12 bound. Mtn West?, SDSU is a shade above $100M. Air Force is just below us. The rest? $50-60-some million.

What's the point? OK Cougs. We don't have the resources to compete in the P4. $5 sez if you look at NIL revenues the results are similar or the same. So let's pull up our big boy pants and do the F-ing reverse merger with the MW where we should be at or near the top dog along with OSU. NOW. Effective FY 2025. QUIT DREAMING! We punched above our weight for 100 years. It's over. CSU, Wyoming, SDSU, etc. are not chopped liver. Embrace it.

Comments? Posted this on my site.......

Replying to myself as usual. WSU in FY 2023 had the lowest Athletics revenue of any team in the Power 5. And it's not even close. We had $79 million. Oregon State is the next lowest at $91 million. Everybody else is above $100 million. Most of them? WAY above $100 million.

G5? 3 AAC teams are higher than WSU, a couple of whom are Big-12 bound. Mtn West?, SDSU is a shade above $100M. Air Force is just below us. The rest? $50-60-some million.

What's the point? OK Cougs. We don't have the resources to compete in the P4. $5 sez if you look at NIL revenues the results are similar or the same. So let's pull up our big boy pants and do the F-ing reverse merger with the MW where we should be at or near the top dog along with OSU. NOW. Effective FY 2025. QUIT DREAMING! We punched above our weight for 100 years. It's over. CSU, Wyoming, SDSU, etc. are not chopped liver. Embrace it.

Comments? Posted this on my site.......

The reverse merger probably makes the most sense.

Only way I can see a Power 4 scenario is an invite to the Big 12 if they look to keep pace and expand. (Same goes for UNLV)

Other scenario and far less palatable would be some East Coad West Coast merger with the remnants of a (probably) soon to be defunct ACC..

Last edited:
Reactions: LVRebel2000
Given the revenue gap, to me that is more reason on trying your best to cut out the dead weight of the MW if you can.
Certain teams will raise the overall value of a TV deal, some will reduce it. If there a way to exclude teams that tank the overall per team value, you should try to do that. Likely to reach enough teams, you will have to take some teams that may reduce the bottom line for everyone, but you don't have to take everyone.
It can get messy, and because of that and full merger may just happen.

As for the ACC? Given the contract that is in place that has ridiculous buyouts I think it will take some time to circumvent. The teams that want to leave have some work to do. I don't think the PAC can hold out for that to shake out, but they need to leave room for some possible additions down the road. Yet another reason to cut dead weight.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT