ADVERTISEMENT

Fb recruiting??

rickyb55

Lottery Pick
Oct 5, 2004
Seems like this year has been a lot more quiet than last year when UNLV did so well, is that a bad sign?

Seems like this year has been a lot more quiet than last year when UNLV did so well, is that a bad sign?

Not really. Its a slightly smaller class this year vs last year. They did 'miss' on a couple guys but landed a couple surprises as well.

There are still 8-10 scholarships, so its hard to compare just yet. Maybe a little behind last year but I wouldn't say concerning.

Reactions: RebelinWA
Last 2 weekends of visits will be something to watch. How many new names emerge? Will the staff target any 5th year transfers in positions of need like Safety, CB or potentially D Line. Might not hear about this type of player right away.

We know Snead has moved on to JUCO but have any other players moved on and opened up Scholarships. Probably wont find this out either until spring ball starts and they update the official roster.

Last edited:
Next years results are very important. Hope can only be sold for so long. Rebels need to take another step forward to show they are on track and then that with the new facility and by that time, new stadium under construction should get this thing rolling.

Reactions: jmcnamaraiii
Rebels and CTS have had 4 decommits that include:

• Devin Lloyd
  • Johnny Johnson III
  • Jaelon Darden
  • Isaiah Morris
I believe two of the above were cut lose (Jaelon Darden and Isaiah Morris). Johnny Johnson III obviously blew up and committed to Oregon. Devin Lloyd also went through an increase in his stock. While receiving interest from several P5, only MWC have offered him (including Boise State).

There are some other commits beginning to get some P5 and some MWC action. Let's hope we can hold on to them.

I think 2017 will be a bowl year for the Rebels. It would be nice if we could get back to back years with same QB. Hoping that Armani's redshirt year helped him get properly prepared. I also have hope for Stanton to be capable but worried about that knee.

Rebels and CTS have had 4 decommits that include:

• Devin Lloyd
  • Johnny Johnson III
  • Jaelon Darden
  • Isaiah Morris
I believe two of the above were cut lose (Jaelon Darden and Isaiah Morris). Johnny Johnson III obviously blew up and committed to Oregon. Devin Lloyd also went through an increase in his stock. While receiving interest from several P5, only MWC have offered him (including Boise State).

Utah officially offered Lloyd yesterday. It won't surprise me if more Pac-12 schools come calling him.

Isaiah Morris still intrigues me. I'm curious to see what he decides to do.

Saw somewhere recently that BSU is trying to flip Hollandsworth.

Lloyd to Utah.

Keep our current list and sign a couple surprises. I feel good about where UNLV recruiting is right now. I think CTS et al are going to have a decent class.

I've been hoping to see the program take a longer look at two former Palo Verde stars that are bouncing back for the junior college level. The defense needs length on the edge and Williams can fill that need and Vereen is an experienced safety that has stared for Antelope Valley

S Graeson Vereen Antelope Valley 6'0 195
79 tackles 4 int 2 fmb rec
hudl.com/v/1DSx5p

DE Jamell Garcia-Williams Eastern Arizona 6'7 245
31 tackles 1 sack 1 int
hudl.com/v/1DSvee

Reactions: RebelinWA
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT