ADVERTISEMENT

OT: OFF TOPIC ESPN: Miami's Isaiah Wong will enter the NCAA transfer portal tomorrow if his NIL compensation isn't increased, his agent Adam Papas told ESPN.

Pay a guy and he’s still not happy…

unbelievable.

Send his ass to Russian border.
Eh, the problem is that though this is one of the first markings of the absurdity, it won’t be the last. And there will be others and some will be worse. You can’t shove this back into the bottle. It’s going to get worse and ultimately, it’ll kill the game for many people. The game has been getting colder and more impersonal over the years but the latest NCAA decisions/opening of Pandora’s box will accelerate.

Seems like not being able to consider what the collateral damage of a decision could be is becoming more and more common.

I saw on Twitter, “What if a player is starting a season well and wants to sit out if his NIL isn’t increased to reflect his improved play?”

Not to mention the discrimination issues with this if the star women aren’t compensated equally.

If you want to distance me from sports even more, Wong (and future issues and players like him and like this situation) is how you do it.

You already have to contend with a ton of commercials during each and every game. Now I have to hear about unhappy paid players? This is why I only watch UNLV.

Reading between the lines of this BS…

He’s opening himself up to the NBA or any team that pays him well, basically. That’s per his agent.

Nobody would have guessed that including agents into the mix would cause this.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
That's not NIL, that's pay to play. Nero... uh, Emmert, has fiddled so long that a chimney fire now has turned 2Atown into a raging inferno. And he won't even be gone til June of 23. Gotta make sure it's all smoldering ashes before leaving. I think Jay Bilas would be an interesting candidate. No (ex-)politicians.

We're pretty much there now.
Yeah, basically. And this whole NIL thing is kind of a joke. Are the school actually making money off of the players names, image and likeness? I guess it depends on what the definition of those terms are. The top school are obviously rolling in the dough on media contracts, bowl game pay outs and ticket sales, but I'm not sure that any of those are typically tied to a specific player.

I think this whole NIL thing is just a way to justify paying them to make it look legit. I don't personally like it. It seems like they could have just changed the rules on scholarships, making larger 'stipends' allowable on a conference basis, or some other basis.

This is going to be interesting also when the woke crowd gets into it. How come Mens BBall players are getting so much more than the women's players? Discrimination!

Last edited:
Reactions: bcvegaspt
So sad and pathetic. I'm glad Tark won't ever have to deal with this generation of athletes and I can see why Lon Kruger retired. Those two coaches had different styles but they both relied on teams playing hard for them because it was part of their culture, not because how much money they were pulling in. I wish CKK good luck.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT