ADVERTISEMENT

Do I ask for too much?

MonsterJam

Rebel Legend
May 29, 2001
I told 4 different people today (3 UNLV fans, 1 Arizona fan) that I expect to be top 3 in the league next year, and compete for the title and go to NCAA Tournament in year 3.

Is that too ambitious?

It's too far ahead for us to guess. We don't even know what the roster will look like. I'd like to see how this team will do in conference play this season. That will make future predictions easier.

I told 4 different people today (3 UNLV fans, 1 Arizona fan) that I expect to be top 3 in the league next year, and compete for the title and go to NCAA Tournament in year 3.

Is that too ambitious?

I don't think so. If this was the MWC that had Alford's UNM teams and Rose's BYU teams it would be very difficult for me to see us breaking into the top 3. Basically this league is SDSU and maybe Reno followed by a pack of mediocre-to-poor teams. If we get outrecruited by teams like Fresno St. and Boise St. well, then it'll be ugly for a long, long time.

I think Reno is going to win the conference this year and win it going away next year. by year three, Musselman will have been hired by a P5 school (ala Mark Fox and Trent Johnson).

So our year three doesn't include a Reno team featuring him at the helm. If we're lucky, they will have replaced him with one of their assistant coaches that we are familiar with.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT