ADVERTISEMENT

CSU vs. Utah St

rebel5280

Rebel Legend
Feb 26, 2006
This was a decent game to watch.
Both teams are beatable but they are well coached which may be the difference in winning and losing against them!

This was a decent game to watch.
Both teams are beatable but they are well coached which may be the difference in winning and losing against them!
I thought CSU was waaaaaay overrated, but it’s about taking care of what’s in front of you. And I’m not sold on USU, but same thing. I think all the top teams in league are similar in that they are very beatable by the middle of the pack.

Reactions: billd99s
I thought CSU was waaaaaay overrated, but it’s about taking care of what’s in front of you. And I’m not sold on USU, but same thing. I think all the top teams in league are similar in that they are very beatable by the middle of the pack.
they area better than what u saw. I think they are missing 2 starters. I THINK!!

Reactions: rebel5280
Utah St has replaced its coach 3 times since we fired Rice. They've been to 5 straight tournaments.. why is this so hard..
But, but, but …

… We have injuries.

… the refs are crappy

… there are signs of coaching genius, you saw that one substitution that led to a 4-0 run. And the timing of time outs, oh my GAWD! That’s Naismith level stuff there.

… if we had good fans, that makes all the difference and people like YOU and “fan” sites like this are the main reason.

The only good fan is the fan that not only shows up, but they are IMPRESSED with wins over Bethesda, they multiple the true attendance six fold so they can brag, the play “Raise the Bobbie” very enthusiastically, they try to outdo each other when they chant Go Fight Win …. they also adore stale nachos and sodas from a vending machine …. Good fans believe that coaches should be on 10 year contracts and that 500 ball is pretty doggone good …. Good fans understand the rigors of the season and are ok with losing to southern as long as they gave it the good old college try …. Good fans always know that the referees and the NCAA are out to get us every time we are on the floor …. Good fans think it’s good team chemistry when a team can laugh together when they are losing …

I guess I’m the shittiest of all fans then.

Reactions: butta1231
But, but, but …

… We have injuries.

… the refs are crappy

… there are signs of coaching genius, you saw that one substitution that led to a 4-0 run. And the timing of time outs, oh my GAWD! That’s Naismith level stuff there.

… if we had good fans, that makes all the difference and people like YOU and “fan” sites like this are the main reason.

The only good fan is the fan that not only shows up, but they are IMPRESSED with wins over Bethesda, they multiple the true attendance six fold so they can brag, the play “Raise the Bobbie” very enthusiastically, they try to outdo each other when they chant Go Fight Win …. they also adore stale nachos and sodas from a vending machine …. Good fans believe that coaches should be on 10 year contracts and that 500 ball is pretty doggone good …. Good fans understand the rigors of the season and are ok with losing to southern as long as they gave it the good old college try …. Good fans always know that the referees and the NCAA are out to get us every time we are on the floor …. Good fans think it’s good team chemistry when a team can laugh together when they are losing …

I guess I’m the shittiest of all fans then.
I get the injury argument, but MWC teams especially teams like CSU they are not deep at.all. Not like elite teams that have little drop off until ubget to the 9-10 player.

I get the injury argument, but MWC teams especially teams like CSU they are not deep at.all. Not like elite teams that have little drop off until ubget to the 9-10 player.
And yet we still struggle mightily with the teams in conference?

And yet we still struggle mightily with the teams in conference?
The Rebel struggles aren’t dependent upon the rest of the conference. They exist if we are in the ACC or the Big West.

We have about, what, 5 teams in the top 60 net? It doesn’t appear to me that they’re THAT good. They’ve certainly earned it because they’ve taken care of their slate. When it comes to metrics, that’s the only thing you can go by, wins and losses and venue.

SDSU yesterday. I think they’re solid. Can really defend, struggle to score, mediocre rebounding. I don’t think they’re a top 40 team though, but will be because they’ve taken care of business.

I’ll admit to not watching much of top 10 basketball. I usually watch peer, back in the day, that was top 20 teams. Now, it’s more conference games. So maybe the top has really, really dropped in overall quality (wouldn’t surprise me).

When I say our conference teams are beatable, I guess I’m saying I don’t see a true top 25, a bunch around 40-60.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
The Rebel struggles aren’t dependent upon the rest of the conference. They exist if we are in the ACC or the Big West.

We have about, what, 5 teams in the top 60 net? It doesn’t appear to me that they’re THAT good. They’ve certainly earned it because they’ve taken care of their slate. When it comes to metrics, that’s the only thing you can go by, wins and losses and venue.

SDSU yesterday. I think they’re solid. Can really defend, struggle to score, mediocre rebounding. I don’t think they’re a top 40 team though, but will be because they’ve taken care of business.

I’ll admit to not watching much of top 10 basketball. I usually watch peer, back in the day, that was top 20 teams. Now, it’s more conference games. So maybe the top has really, really dropped in overall quality (wouldn’t surprise me).

When I say our conference teams are beatable, I guess I’m saying I don’t see a true top 25, a bunch around 40-60.
I've watched alot considering KU has played like 6 of them. Houston is over rated, but others are pretty good. SDSU isn't even near that level. I get they beat a top 15 Gonzaga, but I see that performance as an outlier rather than consistent. They aren't as good defensively as they have been in the past but are better offensively at times. They still struggle to shoot outside and rely heavily on 2 guys to be on their games. They just make us do dumb things. CSU has Steven's who is going to have a special type season with good players around him. The rest are mediocre but like you said, have taken care of their slates. They probably beat us because we're not disciplined enough to not hurt ourselves. Might get lucky

I didn’t say anything about the other teams being good? In fact I said that they are beatable but we’ll coached so I don’t know why you are bringing up metrics that I did not ask about?

My point is UNLV stinks for a variety of reasons, from players to coaching, we stink and it doesn’t have to be that way. As long as Kevin is here it will continue to be more of the same. He is the root of the problems!

I’m not going to go back and look, but of the 11 MWC teams, over the past 10 years, how many have not made an NCAAT? I’m guessing 3, San Jose, AFA and, you guessed it … us.

I don’t know in what universe that doesn’t anger UNLV fans. The bottom quartile.

In the 80’s and 90’s, I’d have bet a trillion dollars UNLV would never go 5 years without an NCAAT, let alone 10. In the 2000’s, I’d have bet less, but still net it. In the 2010’s, I’d still bet a ton on it.

And here we are at 10 years, soon to be 11.

But that’s ok, somehow.

Devolving to become USF/Depaul is ok …. (I called that potential long, long ago based upon the way we do things at UNLV).

And if it’s not ok, the blame is on the finicky, impatient fans.

Keep fighting even when injured and you can still win!
monty python kick GIF

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT