ADVERTISEMENT

News Commitment: Gio Fauolo

247Sports rates Fauolo as the second best recruit (so far) of the UNLV '16 class:

CommitsSept9_zpsbyezrazf.jpg

Reactions: 1rebelfan1
Having this many commits for 2016 Has MASSIVE impact on recruiting. Staff now can also begin to dedicate time and effort into recruiting for 2017. We haven't see this ability for a long time. Decades.

Hauck used the underrated, can't qualify to for first choice school, last minute signing, don't mention a word on who they are targeting (for fear of tipping off other schools?) strategy. Don't get me wrong he had some gems, but long term recruiting strategy was an absolute tragedy.

Don't even recall what Sanfords deal was but whatever he did the program suffered heavily on the APR side of the things. Heavy God-fearing slant.

Recruiting is a major key to turning the program. All the hype that some fans are critical and fearful of is what's assisting in the recruiting effort. Take away the hype, take away more than half if not close to all these 2016 recruits.

Wow. In the past I was hopefully optimistic about the new coach (Hauck, Sanford). With CTS, I actually believe and confident that he has the right formula.

Its nice to see this many verbals this early. Not to mention that at least on paper these are players that could/should have an impact.

Hauck used the underrated, can't qualify to for first choice school, last minute signing, don't mention a word on who they are targeting (for fear of tipping off other schools?) strategy. Don't get me wrong he had some gems, but long term recruiting strategy was an absolute tragedy.
Hauck's method was to go fishing in Montana, come back 10 days before signing day, ask "Who's left?". then start working the phones.

Recruiting is not an issue with CTS & Co. It's just having the patience for the building process that I struggle with. Win or lose, though, it's always nice to see progress. Coming off last season, it was nothing short of a miracle to see this team only commit three penalties in their season opener.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT