ADVERTISEMENT

coming home from game soaking wet

ricovegas

UNLV Hall of Fame
Feb 18, 2008
Sunny Southern California, Newport Beach
OK UNLV fans first game out in fresno for me. First off drinks at BWWings then walk through campus met a really nice family of current Rebel freshman #48 Bailey Laolagi. Partied with some locals and headed on in.

Unique stadium has a certain charm to it on campus good people. When Rebels were winning you could here fans complain, I can't believe we're losing to these guys again. A lot of people said, "were really bad this year." Decent size crowd for the weather. When we got our biggest lead some locals gave up but on the home side of the stadium it remained faithful.

We definitely tried to hold on to the lead understandably but there is little respect for our qb on our opponents side. Limited routes run, inaccurate, and 3rd and long expect qb draw.

Punter didn't have a great game it seemed we always had a long field. Defense got burnt again being over aggressive untouched on the way in for go ahead td.

On our last possession it started to pour I thought maybe but Kurt is just very raw and from my view point everybody says how great our receivers are but I never really saw a lot of separation.

Anyway just a buzzed Alumni's point of view.

OK UNLV fans first game out in fresno for me. First off drinks at BWWings then walk through campus met a really nice family of current Rebel freshman #48 Bailey Laolagi. Partied with some locals and headed on in.

Unique stadium has a certain charm to it on campus good people. When Rebels were winning you could here fans complain, I can't believe we're losing to these guys again. A lot of people said, "were really bad this year." Decent size crowd for the weather. When we got our biggest lead some locals gave up but on the home side of the stadium it remained faithful.

We definitely tried to hold on to the lead understandably but there is little respect for our qb on our opponents side. Limited routes run, inaccurate, and 3rd and long expect qb draw.

Punter didn't have a great game it seemed we always had a long field. Defense got burnt again being over aggressive untouched on the way in for go ahead td.

On our last possession it started to pour I thought maybe but Kurt is just very raw and from my view point everybody says how great our receivers are but I never really saw a lot of separation.

Anyway just a buzzed Alumni's point of view.
Nice write up.

Woke up this morning pissed about the game last night. I feel like we took a big step backwards with play calling, qb's and time management. Hopefully this is addressed its been UNLV Footballs calling card for a long time.

Woke up this morning pissed about the game last night. I feel like we took a big step backwards with play calling, qb's and time management. Hopefully this is addressed its been UNLV Footballs calling card for a long time.
The staff is somewhat limited in play calling by Palandech's skill set.

This season is about a team in transition. They were good enough at this point to lead the game 28-14 but not good enough on offense to put it away and not good enough on defense to hold the lead. It stings because they have lost three one score games. They could easily be 5-2 or 4-3.

Defensively we are leaps and bounds better than last year. Points against yards against are both down considerably.

Looking like 3-5 wins this year but we are actually in games compared to last year where we were getting shelled.

Reactions: rebnum3
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT