ADVERTISEMENT

Colorado football transfers

LVRebel2000

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Jun 30, 2011
Las Vegas
With Deion coming in, Colorado has an insane number of football transfers. Whether they were pushed out (most likely) or just didn't like Deion, the list of players is pretty crazy. Yesterday, on 4/24, they had 17 players enter the portal, including their top WR, who's rumored to go to U of Miami. In the week prior to that, they had 14 more guys enter, so 31 players in about a week and a half. Nearly all of those players leaving were 3 Star guys. Wondering if UNLV is gonna try to tap into that market.

We should definitely offer at least half of those guys, especially those on the D Line and O Line. I saw that we offered one OL already.
Offer but be cautious they were awful last year! And big reason why was these players. The mentality was real bad, kind of like “we are 1-11 but it’s cool” and we are trying to change our mindset of being a loser. Look, maybe even snag an OL or DL or two but be careful, don’t want to sign cancers to the team!

I believe he told the team upon arrival that he really didn’t want any of them there 😂 He’s true to his word!
Yes he is. He is either going to turn them into a perennial top 10 team or flame out spectacularly. Given the millennial mindset and anything remotely resembling criticism my guess is we will see the flames for miles.

Reactions: reagan21
Team with the most Transfers out are

Colorado 51
Arizona St 29
Ole Miss 29
Arkansas 27
California 26
Oregon 26
Texas A&M 26

The power 5 Average is 16 players in the portal. Coach Prime had planned for this. However I do believe that Colorado may have had a few surprises. 18 players remain from last years 1-11 team.

Last edited:
I'm sure most of you have seen this going around:

CU transfer can't get video

No game film. Saw one comment somewhere that said there will be more stuff on practice video, in terms of personnel/plays etc, than CU would want to give up to other programs. Kinda makes sense. More sense than just Deion being an A-hole. If the kid is only a '21 commit to CU, his h.s. Hudl tape should still be of some value. Gotta feel for the kids that are just shoved out the door. Time for some tough choices.

Coach Prime is basically running the team like and NFL team. He views the transfer portal like NFL Free agency. He flipped 70 players in his first year at Jackson ST.

I dont disagree with that, It just doesnt happen ever when you bring in 70 new guys and have success in year 1.
He did the same thing at Jackson ST in his 1st year. He has a plan and they will be 85 Scholarship players to start the season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT