ADVERTISEMENT

Clay Helton staying at USC

So I think it is safe to say Urban Meyer has chosen UNLV over USC.
Haha. I actually had this discussion the other day. If Urban Meyer or Nick Saban became the coach at UNLV, exactly how much could they improve the program? Would 4 & 5 star recruits really bypass P5 schools just to be coached by them? I am sure a few would, but would it be enough to say have a top 10 or 15 program? Interesting discussion

Haha. I actually had this discussion the other day. If Urban Meyer or Nick Saban became the coach at UNLV, exactly how much could they improve the program? Would 4 & 5 star recruits really bypass P5 schools just to be coached by them? I am sure a few would, but would it be enough to say have a top 10 or 15 program? Interesting discussion
Top assistants would bend over backwards to work under them, especially Urban, since his track record is solid for hiring guys he sees as future HCs.

With better assistants, we’d see a better product on the field.

There isn't a top level coach in the country that is going to work for complete amateur rinky dink mickey mouse people like UNLV has in charge running the athletic department....from the Prez to the AD...complete shit show !!! They could pay Urban Meyer 8 million year and he wouldn't come to UNLV.

There isn't a top level coach in the country that is going to work for complete amateur rinky dink mickey mouse people like UNLV has in charge running the athletic department....from the Prez to the AD...complete shit show !!! They could pay Urban Meyer 8 million year and he wouldn't come to UNLV.
Yes. I realize that would never happen, the hypothetical was what if someone of that stature did. How high could they get a Group of 5 team on a consistent basis

Look for USC to go all Robert Maxson on Helton this season to try and fire him with cause. They don't want to pay his contract and a high end coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT