ADVERTISEMENT

Around the MWC

Eastern Washington and Idaho should be invited into the MWC. Without question. EWU took Fresno into OT and Idaho just butt f*cked Reno raw. Unranked UCLA took it to the Asstechs in SD. The MWC as a whole played really bad today. Horrible. Idaho butt raping of Reno is totally unexpected.

Reactions: CRhodes1983
Eastern Washington and Idaho should be invited into the MWC. Without question. EWU took Fresno into OT and Idaho just butt f*cked Reno raw. Unranked UCLA took it to the Asstechs in SD. The MWC as a whole played really bad today. Horrible. Idaho butt raping of Reno is totally unexpected.
No, let me correct myself...Idaho skull f*cking of Reno.

Neither brings anything of value to MWC so it's a no... Idahos stadium, the Kibbie Dome is incredibly small and their program is historically awful. They have almost 0 media market and WSU being 10 miles away is a much better choice... EWU is in the same boat, limited market, small stadium, no media market...

Performance by those 2 aside, Reno is awful, they might go 0-for this year and they're going to get walloped by Kansas next weekend...

Also Boise lost again, now 0-2 and haven't looked good, SDSU looks mediocre... MWC seems wide open besides SJSU

Also Boise lost again, now 0-2 and haven't looked good, SDSU looks mediocre... MWC seems wide open besides SJSU
BSU couldn't get out of its own way last night. I dont think Green is the answer at QB. Madsen looked competent though.

SJSU and Wyoming may be the best teams in the conference. Smh.

BSU couldn't get out of its own way last night. I dont think Green is the answer at QB. Madsen looked competent though.

SJSU and Wyoming may be the best teams in the conference. Smh.
I didn't watch the AF game but was following all MWC scoring. AF had 3 points going into the 4th quarter. That doesn't sound like AF. But they did lose their QB Daniels and that great FB Roberts. They did end up scoring 10 points in the 4th to get the win over Sam Houston. Maybe this is our year to get a win over those guys.

Kinda of weird that avoiding sdsu and Boise state was initially thought to make our schedule easier this season, but we do have wyoming and sjsu.

Reactions: LocoRebel
MWC is weak, Fresno most likely best team.

Anytime Reno gets destroyed is good day.
Fresno won in OT vs EWU who got smoked by 25 to NDSU in it's opener last week. NDSU not even as strong as they have been. Ndsu to mwc in football makes a bit of sense, but they too have a small 19,000 seat dome and small media market.

Reactions: Meister_Rebel
Fresno won in OT vs EWU who got smoked by 25 to NDSU in it's opener last week. NDSU not even as strong as they have been. Ndsu to mwc in football makes a bit of sense, but they too have a small 19,000 seat dome and small media market.
There was a time the WAC didn't even want us. If the powers that be bring NDSU because they see some value then go for it. I think there are a couple of other programs I would like to see come in before NDSU. But, it's not like we have a vote.

I haven't looked at the bumbers but isn't 19k bigger than SJSU stadium now? (Only capacity of stadium, no conversation about market 😂)

I haven't looked at the bumbers but isn't 19k bigger than SJSU stadium now? (Only capacity of stadium, no conversation about market 😂)
If the MWC is serious about incorporating OSU and WSU, they need to see potentials in the smaller schools in the West. I would not want Montana for example...they're at their potentials. Give these smaller schools a chance at growth with more resources and they are loyal for life.

That's not how it works though unfortunately. The next go round for TV contracts will require markets. There's only 1 small school in West that has that and plays football and basketball... Weber St.. adding a bunch of small schools dilutes the resource pool. It's going to be hard enough to get a decent offer, why water it down just to add programs.. heck, we should add OSU/WSU and then trim some fat- I'm looking at you UNM...

Reactions: utestream
I didn't watch the AF game but was following all MWC scoring. AF had 3 points going into the 4th quarter. That doesn't sound like AF. But they did lose their QB Daniels and that great FB Roberts. They did end up scoring 10 points in the 4th to get the win over Sam Houston. Maybe this is our year to get a win over those guys.
Sam Houston is better than us.

The transition has only been 2 games. Not sure how you say they've struggled. BYU at home couldn't move the ball and air Force couldn't move the ball on the road. I'd take their defense over ours right now. I guess I'd take our offense, but that's only because Sam Houston is even worse at moving the ball than we are.

I think they're better than we are. It would be an even match if we went head to head.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
You're right about this being the first year, I thought it was last year.

I thought it was last year, because they did not have a good year last year.

We have people in my work system that in on the field with Sam Houston. In fact one of my former students was there last year. It wasn't good.

I don't know how barely mustering 5 wins last year makes them equal to us? We would have gone 8-1 with their schedule with blowouts in every win.

I watched some of that Sam Houston vs AFA game.

Not to jinx us, since we struggle to stop anyone, but AFA's offense didn't have the same efficiency and skill to it that it's had the previous years. They play solid d but I'd take the under on their game with us for sure.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I watched some of that Sam Houston vs AFA game.

Not to jinx us, since we struggle to stop anyone, but AFA's offense didn't have the same efficiency and skill to it that it's had the previous years. They play solid d but I'd take the under on their game with us for sure.
Quality linebackers with gap integrity is key for defending their offense. I think our base defense, with a flex lineback type with JW is built better to defend this. Not sure how much Odom/Scherer has seen this offense, but I like our personnel.

Kinda reminds of our J Rob days. Quality linebackers. We faired well against AFA back in those days.

Last edited:
You're right about this being the first year, I thought it was last year.

I thought it was last year, because they did not have a good year last year.

We have people in my work system that in on the field with Sam Houston. In fact one of my former students was there last year. It wasn't good.

I don't know how barely mustering 5 wins last year makes them equal to us? We would have gone 8-1 with their schedule with blowouts in every win.

They redshirted every player of worth last season to be ready for their first year in FBS, especially since FCS told them they could not compete in the FCS playoffs. They tanked the season.

They redshirted every player of worth last season to be ready for their first year in FBS, especially since FCS told them they could not compete in the FCS playoffs. They tanked the season.
Even so, what about their team makes you think that they are even to UNLV?

We aren't much to be fair, but we did nearly make a bowl game in an established, better conference. They did well in FCS, but we would be favored against nearly any FCS team these days.

Quality linebackers with gap integrity is key for defending their offense. I think our base defense, with a flex lineback type with JW is built better to defend this. Not sure how much Odom/Scherer has seen this offense, but I like our personnel.

Kinda reminds of our J Rob days. Quality linebackers. We faired well against AFA back in those days.
I think they understand it.

Good press conference to get the week started. We have a very good opportunity to win this weekend.
I am not a betting man....UNLV plus 3. 4. 5 points seems like. a good bet? Seems like weird at the moment? We just need to see UNLV win...should be a good game.

Reactions: 220reb
Even so, what about their team makes you think that they are even to UNLV?

We aren't much to be fair, but we did nearly make a bowl game in an established, better conference. They did well in FCS, but we would be favored against nearly any FCS team these days.
Just my eyes tell me we'd be even.

• Haha
Just my eyes tell me we'd be even.
I haven't seen them play yet. So I respect that. They did have respectable showing in their first two showings. Though BYU has started seasons kinda slow in the past, and AFA did lose a lot.

I just see them as a preseason bottom 10 team, that had a good recruiting year this past season, but pretty poor for FBS the previous 2, coming off a pretty bad season (though perhaps somewhat intentional).

On paper, doesn't seem that equal. Also, I don't know what kind of team we have given the unbalanced nature of our first 2 opponents. So the eyeball test does little for me when judging UNLV.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT