ADVERTISEMENT

CBS Sportsline Preview

UNLVWINS

Lottery Pick
May 14, 2005
The dude that does the CBS Sportsline preview doesn't think we will get to 5.5 wins. I think the Reb's could get there. We need a real good pass rush. The corners will have to play good!! The offense should be fine. The Idaho game is key. Should be a real good shootout.

Can't argue that Idaho is important, but of all the key games we will have, 4 of them come against MWC West opponents. Two of them come against MWC Mountain opponents. Other than SDSU (which we *could* beat), I think all of our conference games are winnable and so each one is key. Idaho would be a middle of the pack MWC this year anyway I would guess.

I'd be happy with a repeat (except the way) of last years game vs Idaho, but I'd so much rather it be a 40 point Rebel blowout!

Edit: I think 5.5 is totally reachable. Depending on performance and progress of other teams, 3 wins all the way up to 8 wins seems reasonable. I'm thinking we finish at 6-6, with a few lucky bounces 7-5.

Can't argue that Idaho is important, but of all the key games we will have, 4 of them come against MWC West opponents. Two of them come against MWC Mountain opponents. Other than SDSU (which we *could* beat), I think all of our conference games are winnable and so each one is key. Idaho would be a middle of the pack MWC this year anyway I would guess.

I'd be happy with a repeat (except the way) of last years game vs Idaho, but I'd so much rather it be a 40 point Rebel blowout!

Edit: I think 5.5 is totally reachable. Depending on performance and progress of other teams, 3 wins all the way up to 8 wins seems reasonable. I'm thinking we finish at 6-6, with a few lucky bounces 7-5.

Idaho is important to start the year 2-0 hopefully!! We will see how some of these new guys do on defense. Some good Jucos. It will be fun to watch Armani at QB all year. The key is the defense. We gave up 37 points a game last year. With a whole new defense who knows? But there are a lot of winnable games. There are some bad teams in the MWC this year.

Reactions: LasVegasReb
I think the road game against that little Ohio school is key, honestly. If we can't get a win there, I'll have no choice but to question the direction of this program under CTS. I've been on his side this whole time, but if we don't pull out a win, I'll be calling for his head.

It's all about learning to win. Even if they are only a little better than last year, some close wins and a few breaks will make this a different team in mid October. That's when we will know what we have. I think if they go over, they're going WAY over.

Reactions: mvvsmith
Last year Idaho took advantage of 2 early turnovers and pinning is us in with 5 punts inside the 20. We ran the ball for 364 yards on them last year. Key for our first road game will be getting the running game going early and getting after their experienced QB. Idaho is replacing much of its O Line and WR core. Early test for new faces on Defense but I think we will be able to move the ball and put up points.

The Reb's are favored by 3 and a half right now. I think they can win a shootout in the Kibbie Dome. They will have chances to get a lot of good conference wins. I like the home schedule!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT