ADVERTISEMENT

Can't wait

Pistol Pete 1

Retired Number
Sep 22, 2008
It has been a tough stretch for Menzies and the team with all of the injuries and inability to get practices going at full strength. I am sure there are combinations he would like to get out there on the court that he just hasn't been able to yet.

Last night we got to see Dembele finally hit the court for more than a couple minutes and he looked fairly comfortable and contributed nicely doing things we haven't seen out of a UNLV big man in a long time. Baxter got some good run last night and while he still is somewhat of a defensive liability he can score points which in my book is big. Last time I checked you still have to outscore the other team to win.

I really like Zion Morgan. His on ball defense is the best on the team and as he gets adjusted to D1 ball could become a player the fans and coaches love. 2 great steals last night and shut down the other teams point guard that was giving us fits.

But what I can't wait to see is Dembele, Jones and Baxter on the court together. That could potentially give us the best front court we have seen here in years. 3 guys that can potentially give opposing teams fits inside. They can all score and rebound and for the most part like to work in and around the paint.

I was also glad to see Dembele get some minutes. But he was playing against a VERY undersized team. I do concede that he seems to have a big, no pun intended, upside:sunglasses:

Definitely sucks not being full strength but I just hope now we get there once conference starts and maybe we pull off a couple upsets.. like winning in Larime!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT