ADVERTISEMENT

Can this be right ?

I think it illustrates how critical continuity is … it also says, at least to me, team chemistry is critical and taking a quick grab out of the hat (not nearly the time to assess the intangibles, the focus is on ability only) …. that makes chemistry a crapshoot.

Trust me when I tell you … if the guys don’t click pretty well, the team won’t.

I know in 87 there were some factions, different groups … but at the end of the day, on the court, it was all about team. And it’s amazing because even with some cliques, they were extremely tight on the court. I’d had thought (back then) that they were all like brothers, did everything together. It was later that I learned some weren’t all that tight off the court. It surprised me. But I think that speaks to a strong foundation, it speaks to being a “program” type of team.

Too small a sample. We'll need at least 10 years worth of data to make a meaningful judgements.

how was this team so bad from start to finish?

Lead guy gets a DUI at the beginning of the season, we get his twin bro back in time for conference season play, we get throttled by AFA by at least 30..

We just had no freakin consistency..other than being inconsistent.

We have a bunch of transfers who really weren’t that good to begin with.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I think it illustrates how critical continuity is … it also says, at least to me, team chemistry is critical and taking a quick grab out of the hat (not nearly the time to assess the intangibles, the focus is on ability only) …. that makes chemistry a crapshoot.

Trust me when I tell you … if the guys don’t click pretty well, the team won’t.

I know in 87 there were some factions, different groups … but at the end of the day, on the court, it was all about team. And it’s amazing because even with some cliques, they were extremely tight on the court. I’d had thought (back then) that they were all like brothers, did everything together. It was later that I learned some weren’t all that tight off the court. It surprised me. But I think that speaks to a strong foundation, it speaks to being a “program” type of team.
Even the 90-91 teams had some riffs - Ya wouldn't know it from our success but most of the team didn't like our PG personally. ultimately they all respected the coaches and played and practiced -according to THEIR standards , not their own agenda. Thats rare these days. everyone buying in

Crazy Louisville turned over their whole roster this off season. How would that not make them number one in transfer activity rank? There are a bunch of others at 8+ is college athletics viable long term at this type of rate? Also now with unlimited transfers it will only keep going up.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT