ADVERTISEMENT

Boone DUI

UNLVbro

National Player of the Year
Aug 29, 2009
Denver
😖🙄🤬...Saw several players at the game including DJ and others. Coach KK and Perry were also there. Everybody seemed like they were having a good time. Just wondering what they got into afterwards because they left the game a little early from observations?

Given the evident culture of DUIs around LV sports, I anticipate UNLV will suspend him longer than the one game Stanback got 10 or 11 years ago.

Gotta be 3 or 4 anyway. And honestly, this shouldn't have to be taught through the team, but if it gets taught through the team at least it's taught.

COACHES MAKE SURE YOUR PLAYERS ARENT DRINKING AND DRIVING.

UNLV basketball and driving dont go together....

Now if this ruins our season, I wouldnt even know what to say. The biggest and most exciting season is on the horizon and has the potential to be spoiled before it even starts. I'm hearing about varying punishments for Kalib, but say CKK/admin drop the hammer on him, we can say goodbye to Keylan too.

I dont understand how the UNIVERSITY doesn't provide a driver service for these paid athletes... yes I said paid... hire a damn driver for every player and pay that adult to responsibly deliver them and bring them back.
Even if you provide them a service no guarantee they take advantage of it. NFL has a service that any player can call a number and they’ll receive a ride home no matter where, and we see how that works out. People will always think they’re good to drive and dont want to call anyone.

Reactions: LVRebel2000

Now if this ruins our season, I wouldnt even know what to say. The biggest and most exciting season is on the horizon and has the potential to be spoiled before it even starts. I'm hearing about varying punishments for Kalib, but say CKK/admin drop the hammer on him, we can say goodbye to Keylan too.
They hopefully won’t drop the hammer. Suspend him 3 games and have him back by Florida State and the Sunshine Slam. That’s best case scenario

• Love

Aren't they kind of trapped at this point though... Keylan can't exactly transfer again and it's already past draft..

😖🙄🤬...Saw several players at the game including DJ and others. Coach KK and Perry were also there. Everybody seemed like they were having a good time. Just wondering what they got into afterwards because they left the game a little early from observations?
The thing is …. And I have zero actual first hand knowledge with CKK and this team in regards to this … only because every other coach has done this … it is absolutely emphasized and emphasized about the pitfalls of this 24 hour city … what to do, what not to do, what to do when you are caught in certain situations.

Kids make mistakes, they do. But sorry, this falls 100 percent on the kid and it sucks, because they know before it actually happens. They’ve been prepared. There are a lot of options to get out of these situations and they are simple options.

Now we don’t know all the details here … but this shouldn’t be happening. Ever. Nobody is saying don’t have fun, but use your brain just a little bit. You have a phone in your hand with dozens of solutions …

I guess the silver lining is that at least Tark isn’t here otherwise the program would be disbanded for two seasons.

I dont understand how the UNIVERSITY doesn't provide a driver service for these paid athletes... yes I said paid... hire a damn driver for every player and pay that adult to responsibly deliver them and bring them back.

Or...And hear me out..Don't get behind the wheel of a vehicle.

And since they are getting paid, they can afford an UBER on their own.

Yes it should be a program that is in place as a safety measure.

However.

Every NFL team has this program including the Raiders and it didn't stop Ruggs from doing what he did.

If he didn't hurts anyone and his first offence, he'll be ok but daymmmnnnit...cmon!

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
I’m hoping it’s not a merger.

Would rather have the top 7-8 teams in mountain west break off to form with the 4 remaining pac teams.

Keep the pac name. Try to get SMU still and go all in to get Gonzaga.

It said injury involved, I’d expect it to not be too bad, certainly no Zaon situation. CKK has to do something, can’t just let it slide. A game or two or three I’d suspect.
I agree. Miss the first 3 and back for Florida State.

I don't think he should be kicked off the team or exiled, if the situation isn't severe and doesn't involve other people, but he should probably serve a lengthy suspension.

Make him wear a skirt and deliver water to his teammates all 3 games.

UNLV lost Lloyd Daniels and Zaon Collins....some tremendous loss due to substances. We dont need another one.

You younger fans, do you know how good Lloyd Daniels was? Nick name was Sweet Pea. He played a few years in the NBA despite his pasts. Tark love him. DeDan Sr. know him.

Last edited:
When you look at NCAA hoops DUI penalties it's all over the board. From a 1 game suspension (FEW) to quite a few 4 game suspensions.

UNLV don’t need a driver service for Athletes. If you play for the MBB you have at least 20 people you can call to give you a ride. Just like the Raider that drove 120mph on Rainbow. Make the call. My friends and family know this. My phone is on 24/7 call me anytime. I can drive all the way to Baker to pick you up and take you home.

Make him wear a skirt and deliver water to his teammates all 3 games.

UNLV lost Lloyd Daniels and Zaon Collins....some tremendous loss due to substances. We dont need another one.

You younger fans, do you know how good Lloyd Daniels was? Nick name was Sweet Pea. He played a few years in the NBA despite his pasts. Tark love him. DeDan Sr. know him.
Lloyd Daniels would have been the UNLV GOAT if things had gone a bit differently....

I was kinda shocked that Gary Payton played for another school rather than UNLV. That dude was a badass every where he goes. King of the trash talks.
We had Mark Wade but imagine Payton with Gerald Paddio, Freddie Banks, Stacey Augmon, Armen Gilliam, and all those guys in the late 80s.

It said injury involved, I’d expect it to not be too bad, certainly no Zaon situation. CKK has to do something, can’t just let it slide. A game or two or three I’d suspect.
Hope that's all it is. Stupid decision but a learning opportunity, isn't that what they say?

Taking a look at court records, it doesn’t look as if Kalib has been formally charged yet and his 2/4/24 court appearance is a status check. They could be waiting for lab results to come back before deciding to file charges or not and I’ve seen it take as long as 6 months to a year for results to come back.

Last edited:
Taking a look at court records, it doesn’t look as if Kalib has been formally charged yet and his 2/4/24 court appearance is a status check.
2/7/24 listed as status check on filing of criminal complaint

I would guess something will come well in advance of this, whether the DA goes through Grand Jury or, more likely, if labs are back relatively quickly (they should be) it deals before he gets indicted or shortly thereafter.

Request for prosecution only came in on 10/1, so they have to formally file charges and additional hearings will be set before 2/7. Who knows, maybe not and it hangs over him for the season. If that's the case, I would guess he gets a slap on the wrist now (1-2 games) and more when formal criminal charges/guilty verdict/plea reached.

Taking a look at court records, it doesn’t look as if Kalib has been formally charged yet and his 2/4/24 court appearance is a status check. They could be waiting for lab results to come back before deciding to file charges or not and I’ve seen it take as long as 6 months to a year for results to come back.
I’ve seen longer. If it’s alcohol it’s a quicker response time. I’m guessing it’s weed. That type of lab takes a lot more time.

2/7/24 listed as status check on filing of criminal complaint

I would guess something will come well in advance of this, whether the DA goes through Grand Jury or, more likely, if labs are back relatively quickly (they should be) it deals before he gets indicted or shortly thereafter.

Request for prosecution only came in on 10/1, so they have to formally file charges and additional hearings will be set before 2/7. Who knows, maybe not and it hangs over him for the season. If that's the case, I would guess he gets a slap on the wrist now (1-2 games) and more when formal criminal charges/guilty verdict/plea reached.
It's a DUI without serious injury(note, this doesnt dismiss seriousness and stupidityof drunk driving)... he'll get a diversion and education and have to go through the universities Alcohol Awareness seminar and won't even be in court... He misses season opener and the preseason games.. that'll be it.

Will you also provide a drivers service to all the students who pay to go to UNLV? Who pays the cost?

Will you also provide a drivers service to all the students who pay to go to UNLV? Who pays the cost?
The program does. Similar to say a professional organization or team that wants its employees to have a safe way home. Id prefer they dont party at all, but Im also living in a reality where that doesnt happen. Heck, especially for basketball programs paying large NILs (like a Kansas which seems to have a player get into some legal issue yearly) to 8-10 kids, it shouldn't be to hard to provide someone responsible for making sure they depart/arrive safely and are kept out of situations that could affect their ability to perform for the university.

And no, that doesn't apply to every student that pays to go to the university, that's absurd, similar to why the university wouldn't provide housing or food or stipends to every other university student like they do for student athletes especially in the big 3 athletic programs on campus...

Eh, we can do the kumbaya, everything is wonderful thing or we can keep it real.

Usually it’s going to come down to expendability. The crime won’t dictate the punishment, it’ll be their value to the team. Marcus was expendable … Boone isn’t.

I learned loads of things working with men in the service.

If you have men you are responsible for you need to offer them every way possible to stay away from trouble. But, no matter what you do, some young men will drink to excess. And a few of those will get in trouble because of it.

Just make sure the punishment is consistent with the offense.

Eh, we can do the kumbaya, everything is wonderful thing or we can keep it real.

Usually it’s going to come down to expendability. The crime won’t dictate the punishment, it’ll be their value to the team. Marcus was expendable … Boone isn’t.
Marcus also fled the scene or something else that made it worse. Plus,

"This is the third or fourth incident — not anything to this severity, obviously, with the DUI — but this is the third or fourth time we’ve had discussions, and Marcus wasn’t surprised by the result," Kruger said.

Junior guard Wink Adams, who shared a dormitory room with Lawrence on the UNLV campus, said members of the team attempted for months to lend advice to Lawrence.

"I tried to talk to him a couple times," Adams said. "Marcus is my roommate, but he kind of had his own group of guys he hangs with, some guys he kind of already knew from Vegas. He probably was just easily influenced. I don’t know what the case is. He just made bad decisions, and it’s some decisions he’s got to live with now.

"Off the court, you never see him around. He’s with his own group of people while we were over here, so you never know what he was doing. Just finding out this way is pretty tough."

Lawrence was suspended in November, and sat out the Rebels’ exhibition game and regular-season opener, for academic reasons related to missing classes.

"We tried to show some guidance from the first time he got in trouble with his grades," senior guard Curtis Terry said. "We were trying to get him to follow along and do the things he needs to do. He had multiple chances.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT