ADVERTISEMENT

Away Game Tickets Question

Galaxius

6th man
Feb 2, 2016
Cupertino, CA
Possibly a stupid question but had a question of whether I should get tickets through UNLVtickets.com or if I should just buy tickets at the gate. I'm going to go to the game against SJSU and they highligh on UNLVtickets that you'll be near other fans. Since SJSU never sells out I plan on just going on that side anyways, but should I buy the tickets through UNLV? Or does that part not matter?

Basically curious if the school is required to buy an allotment for their away games. Thanks all!

As far as I know the visiting school doesnt have to buy an allotment for regular season games (for Bowl games they do) and usually give tickets back by Tuesday of game week that havent sold or been put on the player pass list. At least that is the way it used to be at UNLV and is at other schools. In SJSU's case they arent hoping for UNLV to return tickets but for Oregon where Ive had season seats for about 16 years, they put those tickets on sale on Wednesday or Thursday of game week, so for games that sell out fans hoping for face value seats would wait for that day and scoop them up.

If I were you, or If If I go to that game, Id wait and buy outside the stadium for $5 or even have someone hand you seats for free and then sit where ever you want in SJSU's stadium, Im sure the crowd will be in the 5-10k range that day. Same day just North on the 101 Stanford also plays a home game.

Yea I got free tickets last time they played but wanted to make sure the school wasn't losing out by me not buying through them. Definitely expect to be one of maybe 1000 people there :p.

Thanks!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT