ADVERTISEMENT

Another recruit lost

One thing that I hate about the transparent nature of our recruiting is realizing how many more 'losses' you incur vs wins during the process. Thats not to say we aren't having a very solid start to our next class. But now that we can actually see who the staff is targeting and offering, when a kid choses another school you do actually feel like we missed out or 'lost'.

One thing that I hate about the transparent nature of our recruiting is realizing how many more 'losses' you incur vs wins during the process. Thats not to say we aren't having a very solid start to our next class. But now that we can actually see who the staff is targeting and offering, when a kid choses another school you do actually feel like we missed out or 'lost'.
Bull look at it like this. Coach is going after recruits like we used to go after hot chicks. Its a numbers game keep asking and somebody eventually will say yes. Never ask, never have an opportunity to land one of the hot ones!

Reactions: RebelinWA
Bull look at it like this. Coach is going after recruits like we used to go after hot chicks. Its a numbers game keep asking and somebody eventually will say yes. Never ask, never have an opportunity to land one of the hot ones!
No doubt. My post probably didn't read right. It was positive in nature. This is how recruiting has been going on for years. You throw 100s of offers out there hoping to land 20-25 of them. It's just different now, actually seeing all the hits and misses this early in the process.

I originally going to post about the thread title. While The recruit chose another school, I don't see it as 'lost another recruit'. Semantics I know. To me, we never had the recruit to lose.

I like that CTS is going after these kids. It only takes one or two to start a bigger trend. Even with the anticipated low win record this season, the change and progress is palpable. I'm hoping this translates into stronger recruiting.

I think they should get Belton in on some recruiting. That's guys energy would infect anyone.

I originally going to post about the thread title. While The recruit chose another school, I don't see it as 'lost another recruit'. Semantics I know. To me, we never had the recruit to lose.

I like that CTS is going after these kids. It only takes one or two to start a bigger trend. Even with the anticipated low win record this season, the change and progress is palpable. I'm hoping this translates into stronger recruiting.

I think they should get Belton in on some recruiting. That's guys energy would infect anyone.
I think even four wins will be enough to show progress. Plus you throw in just coming up short in 3 or 4 other games and this was very close to a 6-7 win team. Maybe one of the bigger battles won was UNLV beating Reno. That makes it two out of three years now, and can be used as a recruiting tool especially in instances where we are going head to head for the same recruit.

I think the football facility is also going to be of huge help once it is confirmed. Who knows, maybe they are already pitching it to recruits.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT