ADVERTISEMENT

Another recruit bites the dust!

Rebel1986

Rebel Legend
Feb 25, 2011
Las Vegas
UNLV is really striking out this season on almost all of the 3* recruits. The bad loss to unr and failure at the end of the season is really costing UNLV their recruiting class!

We are going to need to put all of our eggs into one basket, that being Armani, with a winning season being a must next season in order to get recruiting back on track!

1. Colin Schooler ‏@SchoolerColin 32m32 minutes ago
    100% COMMITTED to the University of Arizona #BearDown @CoachYatesAZ @CoachScottBoone @CoachRodAZ @missionfootball @CSing57pic.twitter.com/jRMXWeKo1i

C0tazgfUAAA7p5k.jpg

C0tazgeVEAAiYuX.jpg

C0tazgcUcAAYltP.jpg

I really like the two Bishop Gorman kids and Devin Lloyd as incoming defensive freshmen. And the JC transfers look good. This incoming class needs to focus heavily on defensive prospects so hopefully the staff will find several more big mean guys.

I think on offense the Rebels are relatively stacked and have a chance to be explosive. But on defense there are some holes to plug up. Luckily there's still a lot of uncommitted talent available with an opportunity to play early at UNLV if they come on board. Though I really wanted Schooler to come to Vegas, I'm confident the staff is moving quickly on other prospects.

Farrel Hester is underrated. He was one of the lead tacklers on the team and he only was two stars. He should at the very least be a three star player. Good instincts, good vision, good mobility.

Upgrade over what we would have had with Nela. Did you pay any attention to that safety we picked up from Gorman?

I didn't watch Greg Francis closely a whole lot during the season since I didn't realize he was on UNLV's radar. But I knew Gorman's secondary was loaded and his film looks impressive I felt. Navy offered him along with UNLV.

I like that Gorman faced numerous top WR corps and more than held its own. Francis looks to bring aggressive physicality from the backfield and tackles really well in space. He'll be a good one. Add in Devin Lloyd, who I feel has a chance to be special, who has an NFL-type body, and I think UNLV found a strong duo of safeties in this class. .

I think Hester is a big time steal and without questions should be at least a 3* player. Just hope a major doesn't catch on to his abilities in the next few weeks!

I think Hester is a big time steal and without questions should be at least a 3* player. Just hope a major doesn't catch on to his abilities in the next few weeks!
Even if they did, it seems as though they would have too big of a hill to climb to flip him (unless we're talking Alabama).

I'm no expert, but he's not the biggest linebacker recruit out there, and his body seems like it has matured for the most part. That probably has something to do with his ranking (or lack thereof).

Still don't believe any specific loss will effect the recruitment of one particular kid. I do believe that if a recruit that is committed to our school gets an offer from a power 5 school it's a no brainer to take it. Particularly when the Arizona pipeline has existed in Vegas for many years now

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
UNLV is really striking out this season on almost all of the 3* recruits. The bad loss to unr and failure at the end of the season is really costing UNLV their recruiting class!

We are going to need to put all of our eggs into one basket, that being Armani, with a winning season being a must next season in order to get recruiting back on track!

1. Colin Schooler ‏@SchoolerColin 32m32 minutes ago
    100% COMMITTED to the University of Arizona #BearDown @CoachYatesAZ @CoachScottBoone @CoachRodAZ @missionfootball @CSing57pic.twitter.com/jRMXWeKo1i

C0tazgfUAAA7p5k.jpg

C0tazgeVEAAiYuX.jpg

C0tazgcUcAAYltP.jpg

I think our worst in conference facilities are still the major issue.

If I was a defensive player who saw the Reno game, my first thought would be how much playing time I was going to get.

I didn't watch Greg Francis closely a whole lot during the season since I didn't realize he was on UNLV's radar. But I knew Gorman's secondary was loaded and his film looks impressive I felt. Navy offered him along with UNLV.

I like that Gorman faced numerous top WR corps and more than held its own. Francis looks to bring aggressive physicality from the backfield and tackles really well in space. He'll be a good one. Add in Devin Lloyd, who I feel has a chance to be special, who has an NFL-type body, and I think UNLV found a strong duo of safeties in this class. .

At the very least they look like guys with more range.

I didn't realize how much we would miss Vea roaming the secondary.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT