ADVERTISEMENT

Always a Rebel?

the Florian Trout

UNLV Hall of Fame
Jan 27, 2004
Carlsbad, CA
i've heard many times "once a Rebel, always a Rebel". does everyone still feel that way?

i look back at the last 5 years and to me, i don't feel like that. i'd have to look at a roster to see, but some that i now (i'm sure i'm missing some) instantly think of as Rebels are:

Bellfield
Marshall
Hawkins
Q Thomas
Massamba
Lopez-Sosa
Chaney
Morgan (as of his announcement)

the rest i feel as though they were relief pitchers that were brought in to fill spots. some did a good job. some didn't do a good job. some thought they were really really really good, even NBA good. some played on 18 win teams. some i liked. some i didn't. MOST........just didn't finish. i guess i'd call them Rebs...nah, probably Bells.

i don't know, i am probably just getting too old.

I've never bought into that. Once they transfer to another school, they're no longer Rebels, they're Ducks (Moser) or wherever else they graduate from. To me, Carter is getting a lot of love for a guy who only played one season here and the Rebels were only ever a back up option for him.

I've never bought into that. Once they transfer to another school, they're no longer Rebels, they're Ducks (Moser) or wherever else they graduate from. To me, Carter is getting a lot of love for a guy who only played one season here and the Rebels were only ever a back up option for him.
Carter is also unique in that he went to high school here. It's kind of like he came back home to play.

I 100% agree with this. You leave UNLV...you're dead to me...I'm no longer a fan and I honestly wish you the worst! I'm giving Carter no free pass to leave. I'm a local and I know what UNLV means to the community. If he spurns UNLV twice then I'll hate him more than most transfers because he's from Las Vegas and he's bailing when UNLV needs him most.

The guy is supposed to waste his final year of eligibility to help us rebuild?

I think Carter has the best reason to leave of anybody. So much so that if he didn't consider it, I would question his competitive nature.

This is his last chance and he wants to play in the tournament.

The guy is supposed to waste his final year of eligibility to help us rebuild?

I think Carter has the best reason to leave of anybody. So much so that if he didn't consider it, I would question his competitive nature.

This is his last chance and he wants to play in the tournament.

If he wanted to play in the tournament (which of course he does, every player in D1 wants to play in the tournament), why did he leave Oregon? o_O

If he wanted to play in the tournament (which of course he does, every player in D1 wants to play in the tournament), why did he leave Oregon? o_O

Because he wasn't getting enough minutes at Oregon, he wanted to play.

This is about not wasting his final year of eligibility, Oregon has nothing to do with it anyway.

Because he wasn't getting enough minutes at Oregon, he wanted to play.
So he's going to transfer to a team (looking at his list) where he's not going to start and won't get major minutes.

If playing time is important he should stay, if he wants to watch the NCAA tourney from the bench go to Michigan State or Arizona.

Reactions: Doneoett
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT