ADVERTISEMENT

Aidan Robbins commits

I would love to see DL, DE and OL commits through the portal! These 3 areas are always a weak spot at UNLV. Both our O and D lines are often too small and we havent had consistent pass rush since Beau and Zach Bell. We need some of these recruits to be on both lines and some pass rushers would be truly exciting!

I would love to see DL, DE and OL commits through the portal! These 3 areas are always a weak spot at UNLV. Both our O and D lines are often too small and we havent had consistent pass rush since Beau and Zach Bell. We need some of these recruits to be on both lines and some pass rushers would be truly exciting!

I thought D line played relatively well last year. But you're right games are still won and loss in the trenches.

Pass rush has been an issue for seemingly 20 years now..

It was better last year, but not where it needs to be to get us over the hump.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Can't wait to hear what he says about Aroyo!
I guess that's just one of the things you have to navigate these days as a head coach. Look at the talent, as well as their people, and determine the whole risk/reward part. There's a reason that there are so many transfers every year though. Most are due to guys being down on the depth chart for whatever reason. Hopefully this one ends up being a high reward type of player. Maybe he can bring some of their OL and DL with him ;)

Reactions: bcvegaspt
One thing we know about this kid is that he is really smart. He graduated from Louisville in 3 years, and he had offers from half of the Ivy League schools:

Offers from Princeton, Yale, Harvard, Penn and Dartmouth.
Also had offers from: Bowling Green, Cincinnati, Duke, Indian, Kentucky, Marshall, Miami (OH), Missouri, Ole Miss, Purdue, South Carolina, Toledo, and Vanderbilt.

As for why he didn't ever get a real chance to play, I have no clue? He had only two carries for 10 yards in 2020, and 2 carries in 2021 for 41 yards. Please explain to me how a player that averaged 20.5 yards per carry in 2021 never got another chance to carry the ball? My guess is he was black balled by the head coach!

One thing we know about this kid is that he is really smart. He graduated from Louisville in 3 years, and he had offers from half of the Ivy League schools:

Offers from Princeton, Yale, Harvard, Penn and Dartmouth.
Also had offers from: Bowling Green, Cincinnati, Duke, Indian, Kentucky, Marshall, Miami (OH), Missouri, Ole Miss, Purdue, South Carolina, Toledo, and Vanderbilt.

As for why he didn't ever get a real chance to play, I have no clue? He had only two carries for 10 yards in 2020, and 2 carries in 2021 for 41 yards. Please explain to me how a player that averaged 20.5 yards per carry in 2021 never got another chance to carry the ball? My guess is he was black balled by the head coach!
Yeah, its hard to know why. Were there too many talented RBs on the team? Any discipline issues with him? Doesn't fit into the offense for some reason? Blackballed? Who knows

Considering the team had a losing record, I don't think too much talent was the issue! They didn't beat a single team with a winning record in 2020 and they didn't do much better in 2021. Both years they had a losing record. The QB was the leading rusher on the team with none of the other RB's really running the ball a lot.

Just because the kid is big and fast doesn't mean he's a player. He could very well be a softie. We will see, man...
The New England Patriots got a ton of players who are 6'0 tall and weigh a lot less than that playing offence and defence every year. NE Patriots is an NFL elite team every f*cking year that I can remember. The intangibles worth a whole lot more than the measurable...

The New England Patriots got a ton of players who are 6'0 tall and weigh a lot less than that playing offence and defence every year. NE Patriots is an NFL elite team every f*cking year that I can remember. The intangibles worth a whole lot more than the measurable...
Especially if the kid come with a baggage. Kick his ass out as soon as that baggage begin to open their mouth.

Remember he redshirted and only played in four games, that was a coaching decision. He was also putting on a lot of weight and size during that time. Dad's frustrations are OK with me. He lives in Louisville, his son is on our team and should be a real asset. Dad wanted him to play more and now that he is in LV he let loose. So be it.

I guess that's just one of the things you have to navigate these days as a head coach. Look at the talent, as well as their people, and determine the whole risk/reward part. There's a reason that there are so many transfers every year though. Most are due to guys being down on the depth chart for whatever reason. Hopefully this one ends up being a high reward type of player. Maybe he can bring some of their OL and DL with him ;)
100%!

Sometimes you take a kid hoping that the relationship develops with the father who may have a lot of influence with recruits. Other times, you have to deal with a kid who went to 7 high schools and whose "support" system is doing him no justice.

I'm talking about two specific players here, but there's always something to consider with every recruit.

Maybe I can interview his dad in the back of some Mechanic shop like I did Rocky Hinds.

Man, it’s been awhile since we had an Outspoken relative of the player.

Can’t wait for his future tweets.

My line is if the player is currently serving time.

If he is…

Will he get out in time to participate in Spring practices?

(This is sarcasm)
Just making the bowl game is a success this year. Dont need to bend over for that with or without Robbins

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT