ADVERTISEMENT

400 recruits at Wyoming game???

I sit in 113. 112 is where all the players’ families and recruits and their families sit. It was packed. As soon as the last whistle rang out a huge parade of recruits were led onto the field to get in on the excitement. Really smart move.

Usually, the recruits are there. The game ends and they just leave. Coaches are too busy with lockerroom and pressers to meet with the recruits. Last night they went right onto the field into the mix with the excitement/hugs/handshakes. It’s almost like Odom knows how to run a program

I think that's probably recruits + families--but that's STILL a ton of people. Even if every recruit came with Mom, Dad, and 2 siblings that means that we had 80 there.
I actually think with official and unofficials there were 400.

Reactions: 220reb
Announced attendance/crowd? Anyone know? Does Odom have incentives baked into his contract for hitting certain attendance averages?

From what I understand they invite a ton of local HS players, not all actually recruits. Also they should have been doing something like $5-$10 tix all year to fill things out a bit more. The increased concession sales from those people would balance out the lower ticket prices. Plus it creates new fans who may/will come again.

From what I understand they invite a ton of local HS players, not all actually recruits. Also they should have been doing something like $5-$10 tix all year to fill things out a bit more. The increased concession sales from those people would balance out the lower ticket prices. Plus it creates new fans who may/will come again.
I agree just get them in the door and a few will come again.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I sit in 113. 112 is where all the players’ families and recruits and their families sit. It was packed. As soon as the last whistle rang out a huge parade of recruits were led onto the field to get in on the excitement. Really smart move.

Usually, the recruits are there. The game ends and they just leave. Coaches are too busy with lockerroom and pressers to meet with the recruits. Last night they went right onto the field into the mix with the excitement/hugs/handshakes. It’s almost like Odom knows how to run a program
How was attendance last night? Hoping people come out to support this team they deserve it.

I gotta say, between being at the game and watching the recording of the TV copy, I was really unimpressed with how the crowd sounded on tv.

Seemed much louder in the building though.

Reactions: LINEBACKER_U
ESPN box scores shows something around 25,568. Slowly encroaching on the full lower bowl. 90%ish? Maybe it was more like 85?
Not bad would like to see them at 35k though consistently that would be a good number for them.

I do wonder what the threshold is for when theybwill begin selling unlv fb tickets above the 100-level. Cant break 30k on the lowest level alone
They were going directly against the Knights last night.

This is correct. That tweet is very exaggerated. Almost none of those high school players in that pool will be a Rebel unless they walk on.

Of course some local commits come to the games but they obviously aren't who I'm talking about.

Still need the next level of Allegiant to be open to break 30k- didn't mean the number of bodies, meant the places to put 'em
I dont want to affect the Knights or Raiders in anyway. Vegas is big enough to support these teams but damn, as much as I like Hockey and the NFL, UNLV football being nationally relevant is the earmark to Vegas many histories.

One question fellas, who the hell is that raspy voice announcer for the game last night. That guy annoyed me.

Reactions: rebelx
That’s what I was trying to say. Every game my son goes to in basketball he’s on an unofficial. KK should be be twerking about all the recruits who are in attendance
KK better be twerking about find a winning record in the OOC game rather than some bullshit marketing. That POS first game showing is not acceptable. I am done.

• Haha
Reactions: rebelx and reagan21
That’s what I was trying to say. Every game my son goes to in basketball he’s on an unofficial. KK should be be twerking about all the recruits who are in attendance
I hope you were being sarcastic or joking because thats not how it works in regards to unofficials lol

KK better be twerking about find a winning record in the OOC game rather than some bullshit marketing. That POS first game showing is not acceptable. I am done.
I didn’t notice that typo until after but it was too good to edit.

In the area where we sat there were a few dozen younger players at the game. I expect they are trying to get as many of these kids to the games all the way from pop warner to seniors in high school. I also expect they are busy recruiting players in the transfer pool. Could you imagine how good UNLV could be if they picked up Eric McAlister and had a 1-2 punch with him and Ricky White III?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT