All American
Dec 2, 2023
UNLV basketball schedule 2024-25

Nov. 4 — vs. Alabama State

Nov. 9 — vs. Memphis

Nov. 14 — vs. Omaha

Nov. 20 — vs. Pepperdine

Nov. 23 — vs. New Mexico State

Nov. 28 — vs. Mississippi State (at Phoenix)

Nov. 29 — vs. Butler/Northwestern (at Phoenix)

Dec. 7 — at Creighton

Dec. 14 — vs. Pacific

Dec. 17 — at Dayton

Dec. 21 — vs. UC Riverside

Reactions: LVRebel2000
UNLV basketball schedule 2024-25

Nov. 4 — vs. Alabama State

Nov. 9 — vs. Memphis

Nov. 14 — vs. Omaha

Nov. 20 — vs. Pepperdine

Nov. 23 — vs. New Mexico State

Nov. 28 — vs. Mississippi State (at Phoenix)

Nov. 29 — vs. Butler/Northwestern (at Phoenix)

Dec. 7 — at Creighton

Dec. 14 — vs. Pacific

Dec. 17 — at Dayton

Dec. 21 — vs. UC Riverside
Eh, so so.

Overall, I do like the schedule.

My take, I like the Memphis home game but would have liked to see one or two more road games. This home slate doesn't prepare us for much.

I LOVE playing at Creighton and Dayton. Even if we lose both, we win in experience and scheduling strength. As above, I'd take another road game or two, even if we aren't playing top teams. Just to get us away from 'home,' which we don't rule anymore, would be good for team building and getting us out of our comfort zone.

I HATE the DLC/Lee's Liquor 'home' game. What a waste!

Overall, I do like the schedule.

My take, I like the Memphis home game but would have liked to see one or two more road games. This home slate doesn't prepare us for much.

I LOVE playing at Creighton and Dayton. Even if we lose both, we win in experience and scheduling strength. As above, I'd take another road game or two, even if we aren't playing top teams. Just to get us away from 'home,' which we don't rule anymore, would be good for team building and getting us out of our comfort zone.

I HATE the DLC/Lee's Liquor 'home' game. What a waste!
Maybe they are trying to cut down on the 5-8 home losses per season.

Maybe they are trying to cut down on the 5-8 home losses per season.
The big selling point for home games is to play teams people desire to see. If they continue to play a lower mid to weak schedule at home, it really doesn't matter how many good road games they play to the casual fan, who will be less likely to buy season tickets without any real marque games.

The big selling point for home games is to play teams people desire to see. If they continue to play a lower mid to weak schedule at home, it really doesn't matter how many good road games they play to the casual fan, who will be less likely to buy season tickets without any real marque games.
I agree with that. People don’t get pumped for University of Lafayette or Pawtucket state. They didn’t even during Tark’s years, but the team itself was exciting so people went. Our attendance has been really poor for several reasons. Our team hasn’t been good, the schedule isn’t good and there’s tons of competition for people’s dollars and eyes. Add to it we’ve had a program record stretch of sustained sub-mediocre to mediocre basketball, people have been lulled to sleep by lack of expectation.

UNLV hoops is like Macaulay Culkin.

1722968859150.jpeg

I agree with that. People don’t get pumped for University of Lafayette or Pawtucket state. They didn’t even during Tark’s years, but the team itself was exciting so people went. Our attendance has been really poor for several reasons. Our team hasn’t been good, the schedule isn’t good and there’s tons of competition for people’s dollars and eyes. Add to it we’ve had a program record stretch of sustained sub-mediocre to mediocre basketball, people have been lulled to sleep by lack of expectation.

UNLV hoops is like Macaulay Culkin.

View attachment 227
That's disturbing, Joe. Sheesh!

We won't be playing big dogs at home until we're a big dog. When you're just a step above dog 💩, that's who you play.

Look at that schedule, anyone care to take a guess which games is the first loss and. win?

Am I insane to think that this roster could win like 9 OOC games? I don’t think it’s that unreasonable to expect a leap forward, kind of sad how some of you guys almost want negative projections to pan out lol

Am I insane to think that this roster could win like 9 OOC games? I don’t think it’s that unreasonable to expect a leap forward, kind of sad how some of you guys almost want negative projections to pan out lol
I’m not hoping for negative outcomes but I do struggle to see how this roster is going to be any better than last years. Asking honestly, what do you see in this roster that tells you they will be improved?

I’m not hoping for negative outcomes but I do struggle to see how this roster is going to be any better than last years. Asking honestly, what do you see in this roster that tells you they will be improved?

DJT + Whaley development upside is the most obvious, but hill returning, less reliance on boom or bust Boone, better spacing opportunities, etc all make me think that this team should at least make the tournament in a weaker MWC + win most of these cupcake noncon games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT