ADVERTISEMENT

My guess? 24.5k
This is still Vegas. People need the game to be sexy. Win at Kansas? Then we could break 30k

Reactions: LocoRebel
It is pretty much standard operating procedure to play one lower level team in the noncon. Playing those on the road makes no sense.
Win the big games and fans will show. That's basically it

Maybe UNLV should “accidentally” leave off the Tech part with the promotions.
SDSU played Texas A&M Commerce this weekend. As soon as I saw that I knew it would happen and it did. My barber says to me on Friday my last customer just told me that SDSU is hosting Texas A&M how did they get them to come here.

It is pretty much standard operating procedure to play one lower level team in the noncon. Playing those on the road makes no sense.
Win the big games and fans will show. That's basically it
I hear you. But I don't think we need to dip as low as Dixie State. They went 1-5 last year in the newly formed FCS United Athletic Conference. Most any Big Sky team would be a better opponent. My option would be to play a Conference USA/AAC( FBS ) team such as UTEP, NMSU, Rice, North Texas. I think any of those would draw better,

The point isn't to play a team thatll "draw better". The point is to get a solid W early in season to work out kinks before your schedule really ticks upward. We started woth a Big game, and sandwiched between the next P4 contender is the necessary FCS scrimmage(thats what it is if you're a serious contender) to work out things like "in helmet play calling", offense schemes, etc... while playing a G5 school mightve "drawn" a few thousand Fans traveling to Vegas, Utah Tech is an hour away and they'll be a solid contingent of their fans as well...

I hear you. But I don't think we need to dip as low as Dixie State. They went 1-5 last year in the newly formed FCS United Athletic Conference. Most any Big Sky team would be a better opponent. My option would be to play a Conference USA/AAC( FBS ) team such as UTEP, NMSU, Rice, North Texas. I think any of those would draw better,
No doubt would draw better, but that goes against the standard FCS opponent. Honestly going with a bad one makes sense too if you think about it. No FCS school will get the fans excited. There is really no point scheduling a team that actually had a chance to win.
In Vegas, scheduling a lower FBS school wouldn't help ticket sales either. Rice UTEP North Texas would be better draws because at least fans would recognize the school. But it goes back to the giving up the "free win" that the schedule allows.

The point isn't to play a team thatll "draw better". The point is to get a solid W early in season to work out kinks before your schedule really ticks upward. We started woth a Big game, and sandwiched between the next P4 contender is the necessary FCS scrimmage(thats what it is if you're a serious contender) to work out things like "in helmet play calling", offense schemes, etc... while playing a G5 school mightve "drawn" a few thousand Fans traveling to Vegas, Utah Tech is an hour away and they'll be a solid contingent of their fans as well...
From what I can see, Utah Tech fans bough almost none of their allotment of ticket to the game which are mostly listed for sale now.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I want over 30k fans out there Saturday. People go nuts for the Raiders and hockey. College football is one of the most popular sports in the country. It has been for a very long time.

From what I can see, Utah Tech fans bough almost none of their allotment of ticket to the game which are mostly listed for sale now.
That just means they don’t have fans. A two hour drive and a chance to see Allegiant? Doesn’t add it unless they don’t have fans. Its an ultimate road trip for them.

If you are fortunate enough to play at Allegiant Stadium, don’t schedule Dixie St. Wasted opportunity with only two non conference home games every year. There are plenty of “name” teams that we could beat up on that would draw more interest.
Such as?

My guess? 24.5k
This is still Vegas. People need the game to be sexy. Win at Kansas? Then we could break 30k
I think that's what I'd set the O/U at. I think 20k should be relatively easy--and with students getting 3 extra free tickets it could be higher than 24.5k.

That just means they don’t have fans. A two hour drive and a chance to see Allegiant? Doesn’t add it unless they don’t have fans. Its an ultimate road trip for them.
They averaged like 6k fans last year at home. Its a short drive, I cant see why they wouldnt bring at least a couple thousand just to see their team play in a big stadium. I get its essentially a small town college, but there has to be some fans right?

Looks like the ticket sales have been picking up. If the students show up in numbers, and ticket sales keep up, I wouldn't be surprised if the fan attendance ends up around 27K+

I would lean other G5 schools personally.

Hard though since these schedules are sometimes done years in advance.
Nope. Bringing a Wisconsin team or other Power conference to Allegiant would be ideal. Of course, a game against a draft dodger like Liberty would. be outstanding. Unless their Coach say that multiple of his players have bone spurs and cannot make that commitment.

over 5k students grabbed tickets... good start
apparently they opened up another 1.5K for students.
They did a special where students could get an additional 3 tickets for free with their student ID. I love this idea. BUT, it does mean there is a potential that some of those free tickets do no go used. I can see people getting the extras because they can without having people guaranteed to take them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT