ADVERTISEMENT

1st place in conference

Crazy to think that if the Utah state game was a win - which in reality it was - we’d be in sole possession of first place right now
Utah St. and CSU... Both with leads around a minute left I believe.. both losses.. both 2 additional Q1 wins

Reactions: Trax0r
Utah St. and CSU... Both with leads around a minute left I believe.. both losses.. both 2 additional Q1 wins
If you change those to wins and keep the losses the same, I think the selection committee would strongly consider UNLV. 6 Q1 wins is almost unheard of for a bubble team.

Reactions: TheMatrix31
Crazy to think that if the Utah state game was a win - which in reality it was - we’d be in sole possession of first place right now
Thanks for reigniting my anger over that game. It’s been a while since I’ve seen the refs (one in particular) overtly try and succeed in determining the outcome of a game, and that’s saying something as a UNLV fan. To know it prevents us from being in first place, man, that really blows.

If you change those to wins and keep the losses the same, I think the selection committee would strongly consider UNLV. 6 Q1 wins is almost unheard of for a bubble team.
Unfortunately, 3 quad 4 losses is as well.

We have 3 more quad 1 opportunities to go not counting the MWCT. Since those are now considered home games, we would have to play CSU or SDSU to get another Quad 1 opportunity,

UNLV could be a very interesting case study. What happens if they finish in the top 3 of a 4 bid league, finish will an above .500 record in quad 1 with 6+ quad 1 wins?

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Unfortunately, 3 quad 4 losses is as well.

We have 3 more quad 1 opportunities to go not counting the MWCT. Since those are now considered home games, we would have to play CSU or SDSU to get another Quad 1 opportunity,

UNLV could be a very interesting case study. What happens if they finish in the top 3 of a 4 bid league, finish will an above .500 record in quad 1 with 6+ quad 1 wins?
"...we would have to play CSU or SDSU to get another Quad 1 opportunity."

USU and NM are also in the top 30 (as currently listed) and they would also be a quad 1 win.

We are also hurt a little in that we played two games that don't qualify for NET score. Had those games been NET ranked teams, and they were wins, it would have helped.

USU and NM are also in the top 30 (as currently listed) and they would also be a quad 1 win.

We are also hurt a little in that we played two games that don't qualify for NET score. Had those games been NET ranked teams, and they were wins, it would have helped.
Good point on USU and UNM. Though I think UNM may fall out.
Maybe NET ranking, but maybe not when it comes to comparing teams. I think looking at our schedule the fact we has very few quad 4 games, especially OOC it helps vs hurts.

Even while there have been some really bad loses, there have also been some good wins. Currently UNLV has a decent chance at having their best record since 2013-2014. which is the last year in which UNLV won more than 20 games. It shows how much UNLV has dropped that we have played just over 0.500 ball the last decade with two losing seasons thrown in for good measure. Unless there is a complete collapse, the record this year would beat out any season under TJ or Menzies, which isn't saying much for the state of the program.

The question is will the team keep playing hard, or will Kruger be comfortable sitting on a hot seat?

Even while there have been some really bad loses, there have also been some good wins. Currently UNLV has a decent chance at having their best record since 2013-2014. which is the last year in which UNLV won more than 20 games. It shows how much UNLV has dropped that we have played just over 0.500 ball the last decade with two losing seasons thrown in for good measure. Unless there is a complete collapse, the record this year would beat out any season under TJ or Menzies, which isn't saying much for the state of the program.

The question is will the team keep playing hard, or will Kruger be comfortable sitting on a hot seat?
yeah, it's been a really strange year. At the beginning of the year, I thought we would be really good, despite some questions on roster construction. Then we looked horrible and I thought we'd suck. Then we turned it around and now look pretty solid, except for the Air Force game.

So this season, we got crushed by Southern and Air Force. Aside from those 2 games though, we're 11 points away from having 4 more wins.

1. We should have beat St. Mary's, but couldn't make a shot or get a rebound.
2. We should have beat Utah State, but not for a 2nd half collapse and a fluke ending.
3. We had CSU on the ropes and couldn't hold on in a close game.
4. We lost to LMU by 3, in a very winnable game.

I know, I know, that's a lot of "should have" and what not, but even if UNLV had won 2 of those games, we would be 15-7 right now, and probably considered a bubble team. Win all 4, and we're 17-5 and either ranked, or getting votes.

Earlier in the year, I though for sure KK would be gone after this season. Now I don't know.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT