ADVERTISEMENT

18-51

WarthogRebel

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
That is the Wyoming AWAY record since Bohl has been their coach for the past 10 seasons. They do great when the opponent is at their place playing over 7000 feet altitude but when they go to the relative lowlands they pretty much suck.

That is the Wyoming AWAY record since Bohl has been their coach for the past 10 seasons. They do great when the opponent is at their place playing over 7000 feet altitude but when they go to the relative lowlands they pretty much suck.
I don’t consider that “bad”. He’s taking advantage of his environment. Tough to get kids up there.

I think it’s why Wyoming had some success (too 25) under McClain. They played uptempo. I remember Dickel puking up there (he played every minute and always went hard and was still moving faster than his teammates fully exhausted).

I think the old style LMU would work there. Really well. Now you might not win on the road a lot, still think you would win some because the style is so unorthodox and tough to prepare for by todays standards. But you’d really wear out some teams in Laramie.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
What's our away record over that time.

Wait what's our home record during that time?
Our home and away is equally crappy. Bohl is often mentioned as a really good coach. My post was to show that altitude plays as much into Wyoming's relatively successful record as the coach or the players.

Tark said what he said because his players are the most conditioned players humanly possible. Elevation matters a lot. Thin oxygen composition at that level is real.
You have to love the Wyoming players said after the UNLV loss.
They "dont know why they are better at home"? Dumb ass coach and dumb asses players.
In my humble opinion, the opponents aren't bad in Laramie, WY all of a sudden..they simply cannot breathe.

Last edited:
Reactions: LVRebel2000
Our home and away is equally crappy. Bohl is often mentioned as a really good coach. My post was to show that altitude plays as much into Wyoming's relatively successful record as the coach or the players.

There's some truth to that for sure.

I think given how hard it probably is to recruit to Laramie I'm not sure how much better they could really be on a consistent basis.

Kinda like Rocky Long at New Mexco. His record was just under .500. Not great. I don't think it was a total reflection on his ability to coach.

Reactions: j. spilotro
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT