ADVERTISEMENT

'17 3* Chris Brooks RB/WR

I don't know, but the only mention of any school after about June of 2016, when his last offer was from Wyoming, was regarding a Nov 2016 home visit from UNLV.

Reactions: RebelinWA
I don't know, but the only mention of any school after about June of 2016, when his last offer was from Wyoming, was regarding a Nov 2016 home visit from UNLV.

2 Days ago he retweeted a UNLV Football tweet and a few days before that a Coach Sanchez tweet. I think the interest in UNLV is there. He may be another late qualifier and we'll get the official word soon. If true another solid late addition by the coaching staff.

I did also see the he had re-tweeted several tweets from the coaching staff. It is a good sign, but after the last couple of late additions, how many more spots do they still have at UNLV?

2 Days ago he retweeted a UNLV Football tweet and a few days before that a Coach Sanchez tweet. I think the interest in UNLV is there. He may be another late qualifier and we'll get the official word soon. If true another solid late addition by the coaching staff.

Do we have room for another addition? I thought the DT and Syracuse transfer were our last remaining rides.

1. One player that has left the program

2. PAG METER‏Verified account@PAGMETER 1h1 hour ago

Football news Former Edison Tigers & Pag Meter All Star Leevel Tatum leaving UNLV & now a Fresno St Bulldog. His uncle is Jack Tatum pic.twitter.com/5VhmfVmjbs

DBXXaJ2V0AAhTwf.jpg

DBXXahSUQAANvTB.jpg

0 replies 8 retweets 17 likes

We now allow player to directly transfer to other schools in our conference?

He has to sit a year.

Not bad mouthing the guy, had high hopes for him, but he was getting absolutely manhandled during Spring practice.

His departure was not surprising. He looked much smaller than his listed 270 and was not going to see the field this year.

He may be a guy that maxed out his frame already..

As long as they allow coaches to go to any school they want, I would never have a problem with a player going to any school they want.

I'm just saying that I thought it would be typical for a player to have to sit two years if they transfer within conference. Sometimes schools put limitations on where players can transfer to and only sit one year versus two.

Bull, I'm not doubting your assessment of his abilities. I just figured that we'd put some type of restriction on him (or anyone else for that matter).

1986, I don't disagree with you at all unless a duke player wants to come here. I'd have a hard time supporting her or him (in any sport). [roll]

They had a small article out of Fresno on his transfer and it appears he tried to get Williams to also transfer, but Williams said no way while talking to a reporter on a small video clip on twitter..

There would have to be another freak accident year to allow him to break even the three deep. He wasn't nearly fast enough/ mobile enough to be a linebacker, nor strong enough/ explosive enough to be a defensive end/ d tackle. He was in a really awkward spot expecially at the d line.

Transfers have to be announced by universities and inter-conference is almost always restricted. So I think he may be walking-on at Fresno State. It'd allow him to play right away and UNLV wouldn't be able to restrict it.

I'm just saying that I thought it would be typical for a player to have to sit two years if they transfer within conference. Sometimes schools put limitations on where players can transfer to and only sit one year versus two.

Bull, I'm not doubting your assessment of his abilities. I just figured that we'd put some type of restriction on him (or anyone else for that matter).

1986, I don't disagree with you at all unless a duke player wants to come here. I'd have a hard time supporting her or him (in any sport). [roll]

Maybe the staff really isn't all that concerned.

He might have had some personal issues, and staff felt it was the right thing to do and let him transfer without blocking it.

Hate to speculate...

As for his talent.

He had been gone a week before I realized it.

Fresno has him listed at 248 DE. Either he dropped 25-30lbs in three months or UNLV was fudging the numbers, listing him at 270lbs.

I meant just in general in response to this.

Transfers have to be announced by universities and inter-conference is almost always restricted. So I think he may be walking-on at Fresno State. It'd allow him to play right away and UNLV wouldn't be able to restrict it.

Do we have room for another addition? I thought the DT and Syracuse transfer were our last remaining rides.
If the Menzies can make room on a 13 man roster when over the limit I am quite sure that Sanchez can squeeze in a couple with whatever number (95?) he has to work with. Can't wait to hook up with you, Buck & Wa this fall and maybe do a little more in depth breakdown and analysis. :football: :eyes:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT