ADVERTISEMENT

Zone Offense that is not MOTION for Our Guys

LVKryptonite

Conference POY
Mar 3, 2010
https://www.breakthroughbasketball.com/plays/pitt.html

The best zone in the country is/was Syracuse. This is the play that Pitt used to beat them.

I was looking for other reasons, but I just think that this would work for our guys. Here is how I see it playing out.

In this scenario, I see Seagers (#2 guy in above play) (yes, I still think he should be our primary point guard...but Poyser needs to be getting as much experience as possible), Seagers brings it up the side once they commit, he kicks it to the #1 (Pat). At the same time #5 (Carter) sets a mean pick and McCaw is open for a nice jumper with everyone crashing the boards. If he is not open, he can kick to the #3 guy. Theoretically this is Nwamu for the 3 in the corner. Another variation of this would be that Jones is the #1 instead of Pat and if Jones isn't hitting the jumper or taking it all the way to the hoop he hits Pat in the corner. #4 is Zimm, they can't cheat because Seagers is cutting after the first pass to the weak side and Zimm is threatening to slash.

I also like Carter rolling after the pick. I guess I would just like to see something more than a motion offense against the zone.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT