ADVERTISEMENT

Zimm to UNLV

GucciBro

6th man
Dec 9, 2012
Expect a verbal in the very near future per multiple sources, most notably Jerry Meyer.

That title is quite misleading. Zimm hasn't announced yet, so why would make a thread titled that? How about "Zimm to UNLV?" or something like that?

Lets hope so!!! Fingers are crossed for sure. When do players have to announce by? Has to be a lot of stress for a HS kid. He is being pulled so many directions. Would love to see him stay home and play for his community though. Program really really needs him.

Since Zimm isn't planning on signing (wherever he goes), I don't know that there is any set date to announce by. As long as he is accepted to the school that he plans to attend, and get's the scholarship stuff worked out in time, it doesn't really matter. There is an official signing period, but that only applies for those that will actually sign a letter of intent.

Originally posted by LetsRun:
Lets hope so!!! Fingers are crossed for sure. When do players have to announce by? Has to be a lot of stress for a HS kid. He is being pulled so many directions. Would love to see him stay home and play for his community though. Program really really needs him.
He isnt stressed and isnt being pulled in any directions. He is going where a certain coach ends up. He is essentially following a coach to where ever he goes.

What coach is he following? Crazy how so many people know where Zimmerman is going. Trying to think of what coach may leave? Arizona coach staying, UNLV coach staying, UCLA coach staying, UK coach there are rumors of going pro.

Just tell us who this coach is that Zimmerman is following? If you know and Zimmerman has said this why not just share that info with all the teams? Guess I was totally wrong about Zimmerman having stress. Just thought being from Vegas, being a Rebel fan, going to rebel games, having Rice brother as his HS coach, the support the community and UNLV fans have shown him, fact UNLV first to offer him, his Mom being friends with Rice and an Alumni would maybe pull him a little??? But your inside info has told me otherwise. Thanks

Oh well ...... Wonder if Rice knows this so they don't waste anymore time recruiting him.

What coach is he following? Crazy how so many people know where Zimmerman is going. Trying to think of what coach may leave? Arizona coach staying, UNLV coach staying, UCLA coach staying, UK coach there are rumors of going pro.

Just tell us who this coach is that Zimmerman is following? If you know and Zimmerman has said this why not just share that info with all the teams? Guess I was totally wrong about Zimmerman having stress. Just thought being from Vegas, being a Rebel fan, going to rebel games, having Rice brother as his HS coach, the support the community and UNLV fans have shown him, fact UNLV first to offer him, his Mom being friends with Rice and an Alumni would maybe pull him a little??? But your inside info has told me otherwise. Thanks

Oh well ...... Wonder if Rice knows this so they don't waste anymore time recruiting him.
Todd Simon to Kentucky and Grant Rice to fill his spot. enter Stephen Zimmerman to UNLV.

So Miller. I don't see how that would play a role in anything. However, there is an opening at Kentucky since Rohresson left for St. John's. Kentucky has to be the biggest threat to us.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by RebelSoldat:
I think Sandracer is making stuff up. Miller isn't going anywhere.
Never said Miller was going anywhere...Kentucky was a possible destination for him if Rohrsson left but he isnt (or wasnt as of yesterday). For many rea$on$ Miller is staying so....put 2 and 2 together on where Zimm is going. However, things could change if it is true Rohrssen leaving. See post below.

This post was edited on 4/13 6:14 PM by sandracer250

Originally posted by UNLVAlumni:
So Miller. I don't see how that would play a role in anything. However, there is an opening at Kentucky since Rohresson left for St. John's. Kentucky has to be the biggest threat to us.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Yes Miller. Big Role. If Miller stays, Zimm stays. Miller gone, Zimm gone. Bottom line.

This post was edited on 4/13 6:16 PM by sandracer250

oh how things change. Barry wasnt going to st johns but changed his mind, so now there is an opening
on kentucky staff. unlv was safe when no opening, now that there is an opening, unlv is not a sure bet
for zimm now. we r back at that wait and see mode again. there may b more openings for coaches so zimm
doesnt have to sign for a while anyway. nothing in stone yet

Caliapri is going to get someone else, Miller isn't going anywhere unless Calipari is that desperate for Zimmerman, which I doubt.

Originally posted by sandracer250:
Lets hope so!!! Fingers are crossed for sure. When do players have to announce by? Has to be a lot of stress for a HS kid. He is being pulled so many directions. Would love to see him stay home and play for his community though. Program
arrow-10x10.png
[/URL] really really needs him.
He isnt stressed and isnt being pulled in any directions. He is going where a certain coach ends up. He is essentially following a coach to where ever he goes.
If Ryan MiIller were to accept an Associate Head coaching job at UCONN or St Johns so Zimm would go there ? I don't this is entirely correct info. If RM were to go to UK then Zimm would go there I'm sure, but to say he is going to follow a coach isn't entirely correct I believe.

Ryan has had attractive offers. He turned them down and is staying at UNLV.

Bottom line is until they announce where they are going ..........We really don't know because the decision HASN'T been made....otherwise they would announce their decision. Yes things look promising for us. Can't we just leave it at that ?

Originally posted by rebelwithacause:

.....Yes things look promising for us. Can't we just leave it at that ?
that part is debatable. some are so hell bent in wanting Rice gone that they'd be pissed off if we landed Zimm. it would make us a much better team which equals more opportunities for wins and potentially more years for Rice.

many would be happy with a 10-22 season to be rid of him. of course that would be followed up with a couple more bad seasons. pretty sad.

Originally posted by the Florian Trout:

.....Yes things look promising for us. Can't we just leave it at that ?
that part is debatable. some are so hell bent in wanting Rice gone that they'd be pissed off if we landed Zimm. it would make us a much better team which equals more opportunities for wins and potentially more years for Rice.

many would be happy with a 10-22 season to be rid of him. of course that would be followed up with a couple more bad seasons. pretty sad.
^ Not just pissed if we land him, pissed if Wood stays, pissed if Jackson reclassifies, pissed if we win... just pissed...

I want the Rebels to go undefeated next year and win their second national title. I hope Rice gets a huge raise and continues for a long time.

If Ryan MiIller were to accept an Associate Head coaching job at UCONN or St Johns so Zimm would go there ? I don't this is entirely correct info. If RM were to go to UK then Zimm would go there I'm sure, but to say he is going to follow a coach isn't entirely correct I believe.

Ryan has had attractive offers. He turned them down and is staying at UNLV.

Bottom line is until they announce where they are going ..........We really don't know because the decision HASN'T been made....otherwise they would announce their decision. Yes things look promising for us. Can't we just leave it at that ?
He is following miller. Your hypotheticals are irrelevant because it was only whether he went to Kentucky or not. New Mexico also offered miller 250k a year but he turned it down. Zimm would not have went to NM. Miller was only going to a couple possible destinations which were ones on zimms list so your hypos have nothing to do with anything. Anyway miller staying here. They (coaches and unlv) matched what he was offered by NM and I believe Kentucky.

way too much info is leaking out...speculation is a killer heh...aint never done till its done

We shall see I guess, but I just don't foresee anyone going anywhere.

This post was edited on 4/15 9:24 AM by XFactorRebel

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT