ADVERTISEMENT

Wow ! Delete Posts

Unlvfan2003

Walk On
Dec 30, 2015
Wow you gonna delete every post that calls out Zimmerman or This website ....Sorry I hurt your feelings just telling the truth ...you should quit watching the message boards and update the site about how bad of a coach Dave Rice is , you will probably delete this too - way to let alumni call out the program ....

Reactions: natchampin2
Thats ridiculous if true, these guys deserve major criticism. Zimmermen is soft. Love the kid for staying home but you have to be crazy to be an nba gm and pick the kid in the lottery when no name 6'7 guys take it at him at will.

Wow you gonna delete every post that calls out Zimmerman or This website ....Sorry I hurt your feelings just telling the truth ...you should quit watching the message boards and update the site about how bad of a coach Dave Rice is , you will probably delete this too - way to let alumni call out the program ....

This board is super strict. You should check out the Mwc board if you haven't already. Mugtang is awesome owner/moderator.

mwcboard.com

Thats ridiculous if true, these guys deserve major criticism. Zimmermen is soft. Love the kid for staying home but you have to be crazy to be an nba gm and pick the kid in the lottery when no name 6'7 guys take it at him at will.
dude, kids a 19 year old freshman. yeah, nba scouts are all over him, but what does that mean these days? lay off, he has been great on the floor. he picks up bad fouls, but so do the upperclassmen. honestly, no one on this team has a better jump shot. you want to pick on players, start with some of the kids that cant hit anything. zimm's fine. his teammates, not so much. also, being down a guy (goodluck) he has to watch his fouls. and that is something no one on this team has a handle on.

See my Dec.19th thread titled Zimm. I dare question the golden boy's game and was attacked and called clueless. Unfortunately he has proven me right.
what do you want the kid to do? seriously, put up your magic numbers and remember this is a depleted front court. he is a 19 year old true freshman. it doesnt matter the stars next to his name. skal down in kentucky was rated higher and he is getting bench minutes. youre out of your mind if you could expect more from a kid who was near averaging a double-double at 19 as a true freshman. not every five star is anthony davis. also, he has no bench support for his position because goodluck bailed out. its him and ben carter. the two of them get into foul trouble and who is left? it isnt his fault. and really, he is doing just fine.

I believe it was cause you called him a pu $$y.
Personal attacks/insults are a direct violation of our terms and policies and will not tolerated.

Tell us your thoughts/opinions about a play, a personnel move, etc. but don't insult someone because that will get modified. We aim to keep this board civil.

what do you want the kid to do? seriously, put up your magic numbers and remember this is a depleted front court. he is a 19 year old true freshman. it doesnt matter the stars next to his name. skal down in kentucky was rated higher and he is getting bench minutes. youre out of your mind if you could expect more from a kid who was near averaging a double-double at 19 as a true freshman. not every five star is anthony davis. also, he has no bench support for his position because goodluck bailed out. its him and ben carter. the two of them get into foul trouble and who is left? it isnt his fault. and really, he is doing just fine.
I expect a 5 star recruit, or any player, to know how to block out, to make free throws in clutch situations, to fight for his position on the floor, to not get out worked under the basket, to play smart. He is a 7ft man who doesn't seem to use his height to his advantage.

Reactions: UNLVPhi145
For winning so many games at Gorman, Zimmerman sure doesn't make many winning plays when it counts.

Fresno Game: Up 1 with 20 secs left and Fresno misses FT and the ball bounces off the rim right to Zimm. What happens? He doesn't box out and Fresno tips it in for the lead and we never take the lead again. Cant even rebound a missed free throw when it matters

CSU: Misses front end of 1 and 1 with the a small lead under 30 secs left and then immediately softly fouls a driving guard who finishes the 3 pt play as Zimm fouls out. That's a 5 pt swing directly tied to our 5 star NBA prospect.

The guy is soft as many people have said. Currently his low post moves include a long face up jumper because he isn't strong enough to catch the ball in the paint or finish in the paint. Hes got less offensive game than Khem Birch at this point and is a worse FT shooter.

He can make a jump shot?? Big deal hes a Seven footer with no low post game to speak of because hes to weak to stay on the block. Also his attitude sucks all be ever does is sulk. This is your hometown team where the hell is the passion?? Bottom line Zimm collects one rebound and makes two free throws and were most likely sitting at 2-0 right now.

So chi girl gives no blame to Rice for the last two games and instead gives it to Zimm? Yes, Zimm screwed up the block out vs Fresno. He missed the front end of a one and one, it happens. He also plays his ass off and is a team guy. It took a lot of bonehead plays to lose those games, not just 2 so give it a break.

You could easily blame both those losses on Pat so why aren't you? He had the most screw ups besides maybe Seagers.

So please explain to me how Zimm became the whiping boy of this team. You guys sound pretty pathetic right now.

The entire team deserves blame, and the coaches deserve blame. Lay off one player.

Reactions: Mjs_702
So chi girl gives no blame to Rice for the last two games and instead gives it to Zimm? Yes, Zimm screwed up the block out vs Fresno. He missed the front end of a one and one, it happens. He also plays his ass off and is a team guy. It took a lot of bonehead plays to lose those games, not just 2 so give it a break.

You could easily blame both those losses on Pat so why aren't you? He had the most screw ups besides maybe Seagers.

So please explain to me how Zimm became the whiping boy of this team. You guys sound pretty pathetic right now.

The entire team deserves blame, and the coaches deserve blame. Lay off one player.
With great expectations comes greater scrutiny. Fair or not.

Reactions: Rebel Chi-girl
With great expectations comes greater scrutiny. Fair or not.

Terrible answer. Pat has the highest expectations on the team.

What killed us the last two games? Turnovers. Who had the most turnovers? Pat.

I am not saying blame him, I am saying the opposite. Blame everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mjs_702
I'm not sayin, jut sayin......

UNLV plus/minus for CSU game:
Cornish +7
Poyser +6
Nwamu +5
Carter +2
McCaw 0
Jones -1
Zimmerman -2
Morgan -5
Seagears -17 (!!!)

Him I understand anger towards. He seems like he doesn't care right now. Even during our big run he was the only player on the bench not really into it.

DJ seems to pout more than Zimm IMO. That doesn't mean he doesn't care. It could be that he cares so much.

Terrible answer. Pat has the highest expectations on the team.

What killed us the last two games? Turnovers. Who had the most turnovers? Pat.

I am not saying blame him, I am saying the opposite. Blame everyone.
Reread my post. I was actually agreeing with you to some degree.

Stephen Zimmerman is a 5* recruit. Everything he does is going to be analyzed more than anybody else on the team, including Pat. Sure Pat had expectations coming into this season. Why? because he outperformed his 3* ranking. You are kidding yourself though if you think his expectations were considerably higher than those of the 5* 7 foot local recruit we beat out UK to get. There is little talk of Pat going to the NBA after this year. There is plenty of talk of Zimmerman being one and done. When you start talking about one and done kids, people want to see results. People want to see Ben Simmons type production. Zimmerman is avg 9ppg 8rpg. Its solid, but there is a 6'8 198lb 2* sophomore playing for Boise avg 16ppg 8rpg.

While I like Zimmerman's overall game and potential, he is struggling a bit adjusting to the physicality of the college game. That isn't just me saying that, there was an article detailing how poor/inefficient his low post play has been in terms of scoring. Commentators in nearly every game this year have said, he has to get stronger, become more physical and fight harder to establish and maintain post position. He has to become a better defender. He has a high basketball IQ, he has a good 10-15 foot shot, he is a good passer. What he isn't, is a particularly good low post guy, rim protector or physically strong player at this juncture. Again not just me saying that.

We didn't lose these last two games because of Zimmerman. They were team losses just like every loss. That said he did have the ball in his hands late with a chance to possibly seal both games. People remember the that, not the 39 previous minutes of the game. In my opinion the entire team can be blamed, from the staff to the players for the inconsistent nature of our play.

Zimmerman plays his tail off and works hard. I do think his 5* rating is based on what he projects to be in 2 or 3 years due to his height and current skill set. Not on what he is now, which is a kid that needs to get stronger, and become more physical on both sides of the court. I don't think that warrants people calling him soft, or questioning his manhood or heart though.

Reread my post. I was actually agreeing with you to some degree.

Stephen Zimmerman is a 5* recruit. Everything he does is going to be analyzed more than anybody else on the team, including Pat. Sure Pat had expectations coming into this season. Why? because he outperformed his 3* ranking. You are kidding yourself though if you think his expectations were considerably higher than those of the 5* 7 foot local recruit we beat out UK to get. There is little talk of Pat going to the NBA after this year. There is plenty of talk of Zimmerman being one and done. When you start talking about one and done kids, people want to see results. People want to see Ben Simmons type production. Zimmerman is avg 9ppg 8rpg. Its solid, but there is a 6'8 198lb 2* sophomore playing for Boise avg 16ppg 8rpg.

While I like Zimmerman's overall game and potential, he is struggling a bit adjusting to the physicality of the college game. That isn't just me saying that, there was an article detailing how poor/inefficient his low post play has been in terms of scoring. Commentators in nearly every game this year have said, he has to get stronger, become more physical and fight harder to establish and maintain post position. He has to become a better defender. He has a high basketball IQ, he has a good 10-15 foot shot, he is a good passer. What he isn't, is a particularly good low post guy, rim protector or physically strong player at this juncture. Again not just me saying that.

We didn't lose these last two games because of Zimmerman. They were team losses just like every loss. That said he did have the ball in his hands late with a chance to possibly seal both games. People remember the that, not the 39 previous minutes of the game. In my opinion the entire team can be blamed, from the staff to the players for the inconsistent nature of our play.

Zimmerman plays his tail off and works hard. I do think his 5* rating is based on what he projects to be in 2 or 3 years due to his height and current skill set. Not on what he is now, which is a kid that needs to get stronger, and become more physical on both sides of the court. I don't think that warrants people calling him soft, or questioning his manhood or heart though.

Yeah we do pretty much agree for the most part. The NBA drafts on potential so that is the reason he is projected and Pat is not. Players with Pat's game are a dime a dozen, 7 footers with high IQ are not.

I still stand by my statements though. Pat has been pretty much universally regarded as the best player on this team, and it was shown that as he goes, so does the team.

Therefore all of this calling out of Zimm is ridiculous and that is really my only point. The members here on this forum are like a school of piranha, once somebody takes a bite, everybody else follows. To pick on one player as bad as this entire team and coaching staff have performed is ridiculous.

In fact, the only players that don't deserve any criticism IMO, are Carter and Poyser. And Poyser had 3 turnovers and Ben made 2 critical mistakes down the stretch. Looking at a few particluar plays in a bad stretch like this is silly.

Funny how there needs to be a whipping boy for everything that goes wrong year in and year out. Zimm is 2 months into his 1st year of D1 play working with a challenged coaching staff. He looked better out of the gate than right now but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he had way too high expectations put upon him by.......the fans combined with a style of play where he is pretty much left on his own to find his own shot with very little help from anybody except Ben.

If you are expecting a true Freshman to carry this team then you are seriously suffering from AB Syndrome.

Cornish +7
Poyser +6
Nwamu +5
Carter +2
McCaw 0
Jones -1
Zimmerman -2
Morgan -5
Seagears -17 (!!!)

Wow thats crazy. I was only speaking on Zimmermen based on the hype surroundibg him coming in. Obviously hes not the single reason were losing and its clear with that stat Seagers is a huge part of the problem.

Cornish +7
Poyser +6
Nwamu +5
Carter +2
McCaw 0
Jones -1
Zimmerman -2
Morgan -5
Seagears -17 (!!!)

So we got -25 production from our starting 5? Amazing we were even in the game.

Its not that we are expecting Zimm to put up 30pt 20reb games for us to have a chance to win, its that we expect him to do the very small simple things when it really counts. Boxing out on a missed free throw? Everyone knows how to do it but on the most important rebound of the game vs Fresno he simply didn't do it. Making the front end of a one and one? Zimm has probably made millions of free throws in his life but what did he do when the pressure was on and we needed him to come through? he failed. Again. He is not single handedly losing us games but from a 5 star potential lottery pick who supposedly has this amazing bball iq, he sure doesn't do the little things we need him to do when it matters.

Not taking the blame off of rice because this is an epidemic with players on his teams. Zimm is just the latest example

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT