ADVERTISEMENT

Who are the Rebels Football Rivals?

sportprof101

Walk On
Sep 30, 2020
Hi Runnin' Rebels Fans,

Thanks to the help of message board members beginning in 2014, we—the students and professors of the Know Rivalry Project—began studying college football rivalries. Please help us update and expand our results to ensure that the UNLV Rebels are included by taking 9 minutes to complete our newest survey:

Our previous results have been featured in numerous sports media outlets, as well as the Wall Street Journal and New York Times. You can view those results, links to media coverage, and learn more about us at our KnowRivalry.com website BUT we'd prefer you didn't until you completed the survey via the link above... we don't want to influence your opinions provided in the survey.

We use the Qualtrics online survey software for data collection. This academic research has been approved by two US universities' Institutional Review Boards (IRB) and it poses no risks to respondents. You'll find more information on the disclosure agreement that is required to start the survey. Thank you for helping us to include the UNLV Rebels by participating and please share this with any other fans that may also help.

Jonah, Student Researcher, Northern Kentucky University
Dr. Joe Cobbs, Northern Kentucky University
Dr. David Tyler, University of Massachusetts—Amherst

Not clicking the survey and not reading the post, BUT the thread title is great and I'll comment on that.

In my opinion, I'd say UNLV football rivals are Reno, Hawaii, and SDSU - in that order.

Not clicking the survey and not reading the post, BUT the thread title is great and I'll comment on that.

In my opinion, I'd say UNLV football rivals are Reno, Hawaii, and SDSU - in that order.
Same. I actually did the survey.

Reno, sdsu, hawaii, and byu were my mentions. In that order, with reno being around 50%, sdsu being around 35, then 10 and 5.

Same. I actually did the survey.

Reno, sdsu, hawaii, and byu were my mentions. In that order, with reno being around 50%, sdsu being around 35, then 10 and 5.
Be interesting to see what Reno fans think.

I think for it to be a rivalry it has to go both ways. Definitely Reno both programs dislike each other, Hawaii? maybe. SDSU and byu, UNLV doesnt like them, they dont think twice about UNLV week in FB, just another game on their schedules.

I think for it to be a rivalry it has to go both ways. Definitely Reno both programs dislike each other, Hawaii? maybe. SDSU and byu, UNLV doesnt like them, they dont think twice about UNLV week in FB, just another game on their schedules.
The sdsu fans i have interacted with on Twitter bash on unlv and look at it as a win, but care about it.

Probably carryover from the basketball rivalry, but it isn't "just another game" from what I've seen. Dont know any personally 😂

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT