ADVERTISEMENT

worst defensive team Ever to play at UNLV

Probably the most disappointing thing for me with this team. You can see it is there when they get fired up for short spurts. They need it constant and theyvare nowhere near there.

I don't know how Rice doesn't allude to this more and light a fire in their ass. Augmon on the bench as well? If they played hard on defense they would be in every game on talent and effort alone. It isn't there.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Rice better bring a flame thrower if he wants to light any fires.

Augmon is a bad ass himself. doesn't seem like a motivator. i wish someone was. he was and still is my favorite thing about the entire staff. his developing though, seems to be excellent.

The only positive I can say is at least this year Augmon is animated during timeouts. In the past I used to wonder if he was even into it.

Now he IS into it and we are worse. Proof positive that yelling at players doesn't necessarily work.

I always had a bad feeling that the blocked shots would hurt this team in the long run. The rely on it too much and don't play position defense very well because they think they will just recover with a blocked shot. You can see other team's players adjusting to it with getting their shots off quicker, or using their feet and body to neutralize the blocked shot. On top of that they are out of position too often to rebound because they left their feet to try a block.

All Wood has to do is hold his ground and put his arms straight up and he will be hard to score on because of his length.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT